Camera works but shows camera disconnected status in app

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jimi77

Camera works but shows camera disconnected status in app

Post by jimi77 »

Hi. I am using the doorbell for few months with no major issues.
Just recently i observe really strange behaviour.
I can access camera in Homekit (home) app and see live video
When button pressed i will receive notification in Security app, accept the call and talk to the guest.
but
When i open security app i have access to old video but no to live stream. There is message "video is not available and camera is disconnected". Same when i try to access camera from my.netatmo.com - i see videos from few moments ago but no live + information camera disconnected

It used to work previously without any issues - seems i obseve this for few days now.

Any ideas?
I removed the app from the phone and reinstalled but no luck

j
Mark@BC

Re: Camera works but shows camera disconnected status in app

Post by Mark@BC »

Give the camera a manual restart by putting of the power supply and wait for about 3 minutes to shut off completely (led will turn off)

See what happens.
1x Presence outdoor camera siren V3.18.0
2x Thermostat V76 + 10x Valves V100 + relais 236
1x weather station v202, outdoor module V53 and additional indoor module V53
jimi77

Post by jimi77 »

it helped. thanks
dries83

Post by dries83 »

I have the same issue. It is not resolved for me by putting off the power supply. I also added an additional wifi access point (2,4GHz), no result yet. Any other tips?

===UPDATE 26/8====
I found the issue and solved it, now I can see the live video feed and recorded videos in the Netatmon Security app and don't have the "camera disconnected" status.

I initially thought my transformator deliverd insufficient power (I have a Dutch "nieuwbouw" one: 8VA). Replacing it with a 8V*2A one did not solve it for me. As I have a WiFi mesh network, I added an additional access point only for the doorbell. Did not resolve it as well.

The ultimate solution for me was to allow the doorbell all outbound access in the firewall of my router. I dit not enable upnp, nor forwarded any ports nor put the doorbell in the DMZ. I hope this will help others as well as I spend quite some time in investigating the matter. The odd thing is that when I installed the doorbell in early 2021 I did not have any issues. They appeared early May or something like that and I am not aware I changed anything to my network or to the doorbell..
Petruskie

Post by Petruskie »

Same probleem here.

Strange : no video in Security app
Good quality in home app and video
When ringing the Bell, incoming call with video

Software error in app?
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide
loekf

Post by loekf »

Petruskie wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 23:58 Same probleem here.

Strange : no video in Security app
Good quality in home app and video
When ringing the Bell, incoming call with video

Software error in app?
I have exactly the same problem since two days, but I just noticed:

1) Initially no video and alerts via the Security app. Homekit also shows camera disconnected.
2) Disconnected the doorbell from the transformer for couple minutes
3) Restarts, blue LED
4) Video in the Homekit app, Security app shows disconnected
5) Ringing bell works, snapshot shown, but no recorded video. Can't not open the snapshot, so looks like live video is not recorded

My suspicion is broken SD card or communication issue with Netatmo's servers.
loekf

Post by loekf »

It's getting stranger, since the restart I'm seeing now pictures in the app, but it shows "video unavailable. The camera is disconnected". So when people are detected. The app still thinks there's no connection. WIFI is down.

WIll try a hard reset tomorrow.
klaus53

Post by klaus53 »

HI guys, very similar and irritating issues here (location Munich, Germany). While one of my 2 Netatmo Video Doorbells ist still working, the second one gave up a few days ago - no connection anymore. Hard reset doesn't help. It can't connect to Homekit and not in the Security app anymore. When I power it off and on again, the LED is blue. This would confirm "connected to Homekit", but it's not connected to anything. Now when I try to go thru the setup, it wants to connect via WLAN (100% signal at the point of installation) and gives up after a few minutes. The status in the Security app shows "doorbell connected ... started" but it is not connected at all. No WiFi status in the app.

Either there is an issue with the Netatmo servers, where the Doorbell can't be setup successfully anymore, or my Doorbell is bricked. Strange, why do I see the status messages - while, in fact, there is still no connection? Is only the data transmission affected, and some status messages arrive?

No matter what, this product is a piece of sh... The firmware has more bugs than features. And Netatmo seems to ignore this all. This whole thing is completely useless.

Btw, I discovered the Security app shows the WiFI status at the point when the app is launched. Any changes later are not reported. I'm really wondering which bloody amateurs developed this product - hardware and firmware!?
loekf

Post by loekf »

I see a similar, but not fully the same pattern:

Thursday it reported camera disconnected, but there were still still pictures showing up in the app. Homekit ok.

Friday after another restart, it started to work again, but again same story.

This morning I see doorbell restarted and it works again.

But this afternoon it restarted again. It seems to work.

I also think it is a combination of shitty firmware and likely an issue at Netatmo servers.
klaus53

Post by klaus53 »

Update: After another hard reset this morning, the Doorbell is back to full functionality.
It gets really ridiculous. The only difference this time: I gave it more time after the hard reset. Procedure as follows:
- Hard reset (take a needle to push the reset button at the back. No USB connection, there is enough "capacity" power/buffer to do the reset.)
- Power off and wait 3 minutes (!) to be sure all capacitors and components are "off power". Waiting only for the LED to go off seems to be not sufficient.
- Now re-attach it to the mounting plate.
- Power on
- Perform the "add to Homekit" action.
Setup confirmed the addition to homekit, but it took quite some while for the LED to change from white to blue.
Now it's working again. Needs to be seen how long this will last ...

Return to “General questions”