Notifications on Apple TV with tvOS 15

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
herrde

Notifications on Apple TV with tvOS 15

Post by herrde »

Hey everybody,

do any of you use the Doorbell in connection with an Apple TV? Since tvOS 15, you can specify whether you only want to be notified (with a live video feed on the Apple TV) when the doorbell rings or also when motion is detected.

However, this does not always work reliably for me. Often, when the Apple TV has been in standby mode for a while, it forgets both settings. Then I neither get any video feed on the Apple TV on ringing, nor on movement (on all other devices I am notified as usual, so the problem is probably not the doorbell here). I then have to go into the Apple TV settings, turn the notifications for ringing and motion off and on again, and then the ATV notifications come back as well.

This error occurs on both of my Apple TVs, I have a current ATV 4K and a previous ATV 4K.

I have already reset my Apple TVs and set them up again but no change.

Anyone have any ideas or have the problem as well?

Best
klaus53

Re: Notifications on Apple TV with tvOS 15

Post by klaus53 »

I have an ATV 4K 2021 (tvOS 15), multiple Homepods (regular and mini), Apple Watch series 6, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and an Alexa Show.

My experience is as follows:

ATV doesn't loose settings - they are persistent here.
When ATV is in standby (and TV off), I get notifications on all other devices. Not on ATV/TV,
If ATV is active and TV on, I get notification on ATV/TV, but nothing on other devices.

So, it's currenty a "one or all other" situation in my scenario. That's odd, Still investigating what's going on there.
herrde

Re: Notifications on Apple TV with tvOS 15

Post by herrde »

No, that’s different here. The usual scenario is that I get notifications on all devices, including all Apple TV’s, all Apple Watches, iPads and iPhones.
The only devices that drop out sometimes are actually the Apple TV’s just as described above. I have to disable the respective settings on the Apple TV, then re-enable them, then everything works as it’s meant to be. Notifications at the same time on all devices.

Best

Return to “General questions”