Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Valo

Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Post by Valo »

I would like to start this post by saying I've had my Smart Video Doorbell for just over a year now and I've been really happy with it.

I also want to make it crystal clear that this post is by no means meant to criticise anyone at Netatmo at all.

I would like to ask for someone at Netatmo to give us, your installed user base and customers an update on your timescale to have HomeKit Secure Video (HKSV) rolled out as a firmware update. I completely understand that developing and implementing firmware/software updates on a hardware device is extremely difficult work and involves multiple teams of intelligent, talented, highly skilled engineers and most importantly this work takes time and does not happen overnight as it has to be done right.

With the news today from CES that Belkin Wemo has debuted a rival doorbell product that will ship in February/March 2022 with native support for HomeKit Secure Video (HKSV) out of the box. I think an update on your work to add this much requested and promised feature (https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=19677) would go along way to hopefully calm peoples fears and buy you patient and good will from your customers/installed user base while you continue your work.

I obviously cannot speak for the whole community of this board but if there was an opportunity to help test any future firmware I'd be happy to help :)
e1l52

Re: Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Post by e1l52 »

+1
Absolutely agree ! I am waiting since nearly one year for the promised update.
OtterBay

Post by OtterBay »

And if HKSV support has been put on hold or canceled, please be transparent with us about that.
Valo

Post by Valo »

OtterBay wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 20:37 And if HKSV support has been put on hold or canceled, please be transparent with us about that.
I fully agree. Engagement and transparency is key here.

I know I would feel better if Netatmo could provide an update on the situation.
docirl

Post by docirl »

The ‘response’ here from netatmo is extremely poor, I echo the sentiment from the OP (happy with product, understand features take time, etc) but even a ball park timeline is needed at this stage. Or a overview of ranked/prioritised features so that it’s understood what will come first.

Silence and/or ‘it’s coming soon’ is unacceptable over a year after release.
Valo

Post by Valo »

Thanks for the replies so far to my post.

I'm glad I'm not the only user who feels the same as I do, it's nothing against the product. I'm really happy with mine, just a development update would go along way to help peoples frustrations.

I've just sent this message to Arthur_Netatmo Brieuc_Netatmo and GEORGzer as they all have pinned threads at the top of this forum, so I'm assuming they are on the team responsible for the Smart Video Doorbell within Netatmo.

Hi There,

I've sent you this message as you all have a pinned post with in the Smart Video Doorbell forum. I'd be really grateful if you could take sometime to read my thread I've created: https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=20353

I'm really happy with my Smart Video Doorbell, like many other owners though the lack of updates from within Netatmo regarding the development and rollout of firmware supporting HomeKit Secure Video (HKSV) is worrying. I completely understand that developing and implementing firmware/software updates on a hardware device is extremely difficult work and involves multiple teams of intelligent, talented, highly skilled engineers and most importantly this work takes time and does not happen overnight as it has to be done right.

I think it's important for Netatmo to engage with your installed customers with an update on HKSV implementation as many customers purchased the Smart Video Doorbell on the promise it would follow shortly after launch. There is a growing sense of frustration within the community at the current lack of news.

Also potentially current customers could be about to switch to a competitor product in Belkin Wemo.

I look forward to receiving a reply.

Regards,

Valo
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Sorry, I‘m not „on the team“. Just some user who got rewarded moderator-status after spamming hundreds of thermostat-topics :P

Kidding aside, I don’t have any insights on HKSV. Or any insights at all for that matter.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Valo

Post by Valo »

GEORGzer wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 23:10 Sorry, I‘m not „on the team“. Just some user who got rewarded moderator-status after spamming hundreds of thermostat-topics :P

Kidding aside, I don’t have any insights on HKSV. Or any insights at all for that matter.
Thanks for taking the time to reply GEORGzer. I really appreciate it.
oleandreas

Post by oleandreas »

Maybe easier for Netamo to facilitate a RTSP connection. The I can use my Homebridge to enable HSK😒
Fluiter

Post by Fluiter »

I agree with you I also want hksv

Return to “General questions”