Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
EmptyAir

Re: Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Post by EmptyAir »

After one year of frustration I replaced mine two weeks ago with a doorbell that supports HKSV out of the box. Had to import it from the US to Germany, but that was a very good decision. I am very satisfied with the new doorbell, good person and object recognition, connects to 5 GHz WiFi networks and has an nearly instant video feed on WiFi and just a slight 3-5 sec. delay when on mobile data.
Nick070

Post by Nick070 »

EmptyAir wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 09:58 After one year of frustration I replaced mine two weeks ago with a doorbell that supports HKSV out of the box. Had to import it from the US to Germany, but that was a very good decision. I am very satisfied with the new doorbell, good person and object recognition, connects to 5 GHz WiFi networks and has an nearly instant video feed on WiFi and just a slight 3-5 sec. delay when on mobile data.
Hi EmptyAir,

Which doorbell did you ordered???
simoncoy

Post by simoncoy »

I asked Netatmo directly on Twitter and received the following reply
Our engineers are working on Homekit Secure Video compatibility for the smart doorbell, we appreciate your enthusiasm for this compatibility and take it into account, we cannot give you a release date but rest assured we will keep you informed.

Have a great day
The_Stewart

Post by The_Stewart »

simoncoy wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 11:55 I asked Netatmo directly on Twitter and received the following reply
Our engineers are working on Homekit Secure Video compatibility for the smart doorbell, we appreciate your enthusiasm for this compatibility and take it into account, we cannot give you a release date but rest assured we will keep you informed.

Have a great day
Oh, cool. I hadn’t seen anything directly from Netatmo that says the feature was planned. It’s nice to see it’s in the pipeline. Given how long it took to hit the outdoor camera, I’d say we’re not too far off now.
OtterBay

Post by OtterBay »

Sad to say but I think at this point the safer assumption is that HKSV support is never going to actually come. Which is surprising because I think Netatmo is losing out on customers wanting an HKSV camera. My guess is that, for whatever reason, they could not get it to work properly.
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

I’m also a little frustrated after the promise of hksv on their doorbell. I’ve purchased several outdoor netatmo cameras along with their video doorbell with the specific intention of using hksv this was over a year ago and still no integration. One of my cameras is working with hksv with a beta update however the other is not. These products are ‘premium’ in comparison to others on the market and you would have thought the promised features would be a top priority…obviously not. I’m seriously considering sending the doorbell back to netatmo for a full refund
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

I think the best way to show netatmo how frustrated it’s customers are is by posting on here…frequently as we’re all loyal customers but that is starting to wear thin with these promises that never materialise
Valo

Post by Valo »

I'm really disappointed that no one from Netatmo replied to my direct message or has posted in this thread. It's making me wonder and question the actual point of having these forums in the first place.
To me a forum like this should be used to engage with and help the users of your products and to listen to their feedback. The wall of silence and lack of engagement from Netatmo isn't a great look in my personal view.

I'm still happy to engage with them and even help beta test HKSV for the doorbell but I certainly don't feel valued as a customer and I'd certainly think twice before purchasing anything else made by Netatmo.
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Anybody noticed that Apple Home keeps continually notifying you that you can connect more cameras to HKSV, even though all compatible cameras are already connected to HKSV? No matter how many times I clear the notification, it pops up again. I am wondering whether HKSV is detecting that the Netatmo doorbell is announced on the network as “compatible” while in fact as we all know it is not. Anyway, I am really getting annoyed by the constant pop u- on Apple Home that Ican connect more cameras when I can’t..
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

Another month goes by and still no homekit secure video for the doorbell. I’m going to request a refund for all my devices I think now. Waiting almost 3 years for a promised feature is unacceptable

Return to “General questions”