Online and accessible but not working

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
pnuding

Online and accessible but not working

Post by pnuding »

Since the 2.20 firmware installed on my doorbell a few days ago I've had two instances when I've had to power cycle the doorbell.

Symptoms:
  • Doorbell is connected to the Wifi AP and appears to have strong signal
  • Homekit shows the doorbell is not responding
  • Netatmo Security app shows a black preview on the top, the button to open the connection to the doorbell is there, but using it after some wait results in "an error has occurred"
  • Neither Homekit nor Netatmo app warn me that he camera has gone offline
  • Netatmo Security app timeline shows no new events of people having been seen
  • Netatmo Security app settings can still access camera settings normally (e.g. night vision light settings, i can see the firmware version, Wifi signal strength, etc)
After a power cycle I get one "doorbell started" event in the timeline and things work normally again.
It seems no people detection events were recorded during the outage - I know of at least two people who passed in front of the camera so I would have expected those to be there.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour lately? Or should I be looking for a local cause...?
Belleman

Re: Online and accessible but not working

Post by Belleman »

Yep, exact the same situation here since the 2.20 update. No uploads to Dropbox either.
hreidarb

Post by hreidarb »

+1
BenS89

Post by BenS89 »

Exactly the same here. Camera worked for 2 months without any problems. Since today, I cannot see any videos anymore. HomeKit says "Camera not responding" and within the Netatmo App, the camera settings are still there but no video stream. Hope a reboot helps...
der_micha

Post by der_micha »

The same behaviour here - is there any solution, or is it possible to downgrade the firmware?
quickborn

Post by quickborn »

Same for me... I tried to replace the MicroSD card and... it works again as before ! However in 9 months that I have the doorbell it's already my 3rd card replacement...
broger03

Post by broger03 »

+1, same exact conditions as described by OP. Also had to replace the SD card just a few weeks ago. Will try to power cycle again. Any other troubleshooting tips?
alfe

Post by alfe »

:? Got the same problem
netnode

Post by netnode »

Same here

Return to “General questions”