Thinking of Buying Sensors are they working?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
funkyirishman

Thinking of Buying Sensors are they working?

Post by funkyirishman »

Hi

I have the thermostat and valves from Netatmo and was looking at the sensors to put on the windows and doors at home

Currently do have an alarm but would like to add these to get any notifications if we are away etc mainly for downstairs

Just going through the forum and trying to get reviews online (cant find any)

Just looking for how they work and do they stay connected or any issues with them?
GEORGzer

Re: Thinking of Buying Sensors are they working?

Post by GEORGzer »

I don’t have them, therefore I can’t gibe you a review.
But I wanted to say that you‘ll need the Smart Indoor Camera first to use the Tags. They don‘t work stand-alone.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman »

So you need the camera also not stand alone?

So if get camera and install sensors around the house all things going should work?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes, the Sensors connect to the Smart Indoor Camera. Without one you can‘t use them.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman »

GEORGzer wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 13:51 Yes, the Sensors connect to the Smart Indoor Camera. Without one you can‘t use them.
Thanks

If I buy the camera and the sensors do the sensors have to be close to the camera

So I will have camera in the hall viewing front door. However will also have sensors in back of house on back doors. So doors and wall in between these and camera

So if back door is opened do I still get notifications
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

It should work ok. I have a sensor on my front gate which is a fair distance from the Welcome and it still works, even though the signal reception shows zero bars for the sensor.

The big drawback though is that the sensor can only trigger recording of the Welcome that it is paired with. So if the Welcome is not in line of sight with the sensor, it does not record anything useful.

It is a big shame the sensor can't be set to trigger recording of a Presence as I have two Presences that can see the gate.

Return to “General questions”