Welcome Tags - pair to a different Welcome camera?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
JuanMaddox

Welcome Tags - pair to a different Welcome camera?

Post by JuanMaddox »

I have a Welcome Tag that was paired to one Welcome Camera, and I am trying to pair it to a different Welcome Camera. It's not working for me. I can only re-pair the tag to the original camera. It will not pair to the new camera.

(I want to put the tag on my mailbox, and the reception was never quite good enough to reach from the first camera. The new camera is much closer to the mailbox.)

I successfully removed the tag from its original camera on the iOS app (Settings -> My products -> [select the tag] -> Remove the Tag from the camera). However I am struggling to pair it to the new camera:

I disconnected the original camera from its power supply, to make sure it's not interfering in any way.
I disconnected the new camera from its power supply, and plugged it back in, to make sure it was reset. I waited until it had restarted to the point I could view live video of myself.

Settings -> Install new products -> Tags.

I turned the Welcome camera upside down as instructed. The app says to wait until I see a light glowing, and shows a picture of a slowly blinking blue light. Immediately after turning the Welcome camera upside down, I see a slowly blinking green light. (I've tried waiting a few minutes, but it never turns from green to blue.)

I put the tag a few centimetres from the camera, and insert the batteries. The light at the top of the tag slowly blinks yellow/green 5 times, then shuts itself off. The Welcome camera keeps blinking green for minutes. I come back at the 5 minute mark and it's still blinking, and the app is still waiting for the pairing to happen. At the 20 minute mark, the camera has given up blinking, and the app is still waiting. :(

I switched off the new Welcome camera and tried to pair with the original Welcome camera instead. In that case, pairing worked perfectly, without delay. The tag slowly blinks yellow/green 5 times, then the camera immediately starts blinking blue, and the whole process finishes in a few seconds. The app congratulates itself on pairing successfully.

It seems that the tag is overly-attached to the Welcome camera it was originally paired to, and won't pair to any other. How can I make it break up with its original Camera properly, so I can pair it with another one?
sam8392

Re: Welcome Tags - pair to a different Welcome camera?

Post by sam8392 »

I had the same issue, if you remove the batteries from the sensor for a few minutes it seems to reset, then you can connect it to the new camera.
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

I've the same problem but even leaving the batteries out for a night did not solve it. How to pair a tag to a new camera? What did solve your issue?
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

sam8392 wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 09:00 I had the same issue, if you remove the batteries from the sensor for a few minutes it seems to reset, then you can connect it to the new camera.
Did you resolved this issue?
Recently, I replaced Welcome camera instead of broken old one, so I need to reconnect all sensors and Siren to the new camera.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays

Return to “General questions”