New Siren causing issues

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
JTT

New Siren causing issues

Post by JTT »

I have 2 indoor cameras and 3 smart door sensors.

I recently bought and installed the new siren.

Since installing it is causing issues. It is causing the indoor camera it is connected to, to become unresponsive.

I am seen and recognised by the camera in the kitchen (this should disarm the siren), but when I go in living room, the siren will sound.

It is making the camera in living unresponsive, doesn’t recognise faces, and doesn’t recognise someone is home.

There is an issue here that effectively makes the siren useless unless resolved.

Clearly I have to deactivate siren which makes it an expensive box.

I have to restart the camera which is connected to the siren to resolve. But this is only temporary as next morning same again.
JTT

Re: New Siren causing issues

Post by JTT »

I've logged 2 tickets in the help section of Netatmo website, which i think is the process to get technical support. But no response.

I've posted here, but no reply.

Is there a phone number for Netatmo support, or am I supposed to sit and hope someone will respond?

Understand its a new product and may be some early issues, but not being able to get support is unacceptable.

If I can't get any support, the only alternative is to return items as not fit for purpose (siren is currently disabled as simply doesn't work as intended)
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi JTT,
Currently, every camera that has a Siren needs to identify a known face in order to be disarmed.
We're working on a solution that will allow all the cameras in the home to disarm at once.
Thanks for your patience.
Jofre - Netatmo Team
NathObeaN

Post by NathObeaN »

jofre_netatmo wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 17:58 Hi JTT,
Currently, every camera that has a Siren needs to identify a known face in order to be disarmed.
We're working on a solution that will allow all the cameras in the home to disarm at once.
Thanks for your patience.
Hi,

Is there any update on this? I have recently purchased an extra siren plus additional indoor security cameras and assumed this functionality would already be in place, namely:

1. If one camera detects you are "home", all sirens are disabled.
2. If any camera detects an intruder, all sirens are armed.

Can you confirm both of the above are in the works and if so, an ETA on release?

Thanks,

Nathaniel
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi NathObeaN, yes, both are in the works.
Jofre - Netatmo Team
simistef

Post by simistef »

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same issue leading to unusable combination of indoor camera and siren.

Every time i add siren to the configuration the camera disconnects every now and then, sometimes being disconnected for 30 minutes or more.

Must say that both have latest firmware installed, and they are in very close vicinity (under 10 cm).

Could you please urgent this since there is 0 usage since i brought the siren.

Thanks!
NathObeaN

Post by NathObeaN »

Come on guys, this has been over a year now and still no update...

Return to “General Questions”