Vous ne pouvez pas programmer le thermostat :(

Questions, remarques, trucs & astuces...
Lance_SJ

Vous ne pouvez pas programmer le thermostat :(

Post by Lance_SJ »

Français
Bonjour,

Excuses pour le mauvais français, je suis l'aide de Google pour traduire. J'ai essayé emailing support Netatmo via la page de contact dans l'application web mais après une réponse initiale rapide de l'équipe sont allés calme.

J'ai eu un problème similaire à d'autres personnes avec v17/v13 Firmware où le thermostat semble mettre à jour les serveurs Netatmo mais les serveurs ne peut pas mettre à jour de façon fiable le thermostat (tentatives 9 sur 10 échouent). En outre, je peux voir le thermostat et de tous les journaux de l'application Web, mais seulement les graphiques et le calendrier de mon iPhone / iPad. La fenêtre principale indique que "Your Netatmo relay is disconnected from our servers. Did you change the Wi-Fi password switch your internet access point off or uplugged the Netatmo relay?"

Aussi, nous devons laisser notre propriété de vacances cette semaine - ce que quelqu'un sait comment mettre le thermostat en garde gel sans utiliser les serveurs Netatmo? Je ne veux vraiment pas avoir à réinstaller la configuration du thermostat vieux ...

In English....
Apologies for the bad french, I'm using google to translate. I've tried emailing Netatmo support via the contact page within the web app however after a prompt initial response the team have gone quiet.

I have been having a similar problem to other people with Firmware v17/v13 where the Thermostat seems to update the Netatmo servers but the servers cannot reliably update the Thermostat (9 out of 10 attempts fail). Furthermore, I can see the Thermostat and all the logs from the web app but only the graphs and schedule from my iPhone / iPad. The main window indicates that "Your Netatmo relay is disconnected from our servers. Did you change the Wi-Fi password switch your internet access point off or uplugged the Netatmo relay?"

Also, we need to leave our vacation property this week - does anyone know how to put the Thermostat into Frost Guard without using the Netatmo servers ? I really don't want to have to reinstall the old thermostat setup...
fpotter
Site Admin

Re: Vous ne pouvez pas programmer le thermostat :(

Post by fpotter »

Hi Lance,

Yes we have. Can you please restart the "wifi" procedure (by just going into the settings menu of the app, choose the thermostat & then click "change my wifi"). This should fix the issue

thanks for your patience

fred
Lance_SJ

Post by Lance_SJ »

Hi Fred,

When I try and configure the Wi-Fi via the iPhone / iPad i get the following error;

The only way I can configure the Relay is to remove and plug in the USB cable and use the PC Setup application downloaded from the netatmo website configuration menu. I then deleted the old Wi-Fi configuration and setup / configured the relay up again but unfortunately I still have all the same symptoms...

Via the my.netatmo.com webpage I can see the Thermostat (see below);

I then try and change the settings via the my.netatmo.com web page (I'm trying to get it into Frost Guard);

After several minutes there is still no update of the thermostat and the following message appears on my iPhone and iPad.

Unlike with the website, I can't see the Thermostat graphic on the iPhone - I recieve this error;

However all the historical data and schedule are available for viewing (see below);

Image Image

In terms of my France Telecom / Orange Router setup I have the Thermostat in my routers DMZ so that there should be no port conflicts etc.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated... I need to get it in Frost Guard before we leave on Sunday !

Regards,

Lance.
fpotter
Site Admin

Post by fpotter »

Hi,

Can you please remove the thermostat from the DMZ & configure the livebox as if the thermostat was a regular PC/iPhone/Mac ? It may explain the issue...

thanks !

fred
Lance_SJ

Post by Lance_SJ »

Hi Fred,

I have removed the Thermostat from the DMZ as you requested. Also, for completeness I mention that the Netatmo Thermostat is operating in "Option 2" mode - wireless between the Relay and Thermostat - with good battery and signal.

The symptoms are the same. When I make the changes on the my.netatmo.com website sometimes they work other times (most of the time) it does not. When it fails I get get the "Bad internet connectivity : Setpoint could not be transmitted to your Thermostat" message. On the occasions when an update does work it seems takes many minutes to change. How long should the update take - I'm guessing it should be near instant ?

Also, still no change with either the iPhone or iPad app. I've enclosed the iPad screen shot for your information below;

Thanks again for helping.

Lance.
fpotter
Site Admin

Post by fpotter »

Lance,

Is the router / firewall configured in a way that UDP traffic can be performed ? It looks TCP is flowing from the thermostat to our servers but not UDP...

Is that something which has been configured on the router ?

thanks for your patience

fred
Lance_SJ

Post by Lance_SJ »

Hi Fred - Any particular port or ports ?

Regards,

Lance
Lance_SJ

Post by Lance_SJ »

Hi Fred,

I've opened up all ports to the Thermostat for UDP and TCP and restarted the router. It now seems to work properly with the Web and iPhone / iPad :D .

Did you change anything at the Netatmo end ?

Also, I'm not very keen on leaving unnecessary ports open to the Thermostat so if you can let me which ones I should open / close I would appreciate it. I'm also not sure what the difference is between the current set up and putting the Thermostat in a DMZ but I will bow to your superior technical knowledge.

I'm that pleased it is now working as it should I have included a snapshot from my iPhone for you below !

Thanks for your help - appreciate the remaining answers to my question.

Lance.
fpotter
Site Admin

Post by fpotter »

Great !

yep. Please leave open 25050 both in UDP and TCP.... thanks ! I'm glad we found the issue !

thanks for your patience

fred
Lance_SJ

Post by Lance_SJ »

Thanks for your help Fred

Return to “Questions générales”