Baxi boiler and Netatmo thermostat

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
marek27

Re: Baxi boiler and Netatmo thermostat

Post by marek27 »

Got it, I'll try it but if want to start the boiler without the thermostat I have to manually start the boiler/heating on the front panel (controller). The boiler is not started automatically after plugging of power cable. Can be that the problem?

Yes, the relay makes a clicking sound when I increase temperature and the thermostat too.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I know from other boilers that if you start them manually and you remove that bridge wire, they stop. And that‘s how it‘s supposed to be.

Please do the test as I described.
If the boiler doesn‘t start with the bridge wire back in place, start it manually. Then switch off the power (unplug), remove the bridge wire and plug it back in. If it doesn’t start despite being set to manually „on“ then that’s the setting you need with the Thermostat.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
marek27

Post by marek27 »

I don't know how or why but it works now, after the test and reconnection of the thermostat back... possible cause is that before I connected firstime the relay I also power of the boiler by the button. That was probably the mistake.
So thanks a lot for your help and your time.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

marek27 wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 21:22 I don't know how or why but it works now.
Let me try to explain:
Simplified, you have to think about the setup order as: boiler controls :arrow: bridge wire (dry contact) :arrow: burner.
Removing that wire „cuts off“ the connection to the burner and it stops.
Putting it back in place starts the burner and the boiler acts as the controls are set.

A Thermostat or the Relais in this case does nothing else than opening and closing the contact between the grey and black wires. It‘s basically the same as someone removing that bridge wire and putting it back in place.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”