Is my thermostat compatible ?

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
cim96sm5

Is my thermostat compatible ?

Post by cim96sm5 » 09 Oct 2018, 16:54

Hi,

I have a wired thermostat connected to an immersion heater in our country house. The immersion heater is used to keep the temperature at 10 degrees during the winter. We heat the house with wood when we are in the house. Can I replace the thermostat with a smart thermostat so I can control it remotely?

Thanks!

Martin
Attachments
Thermostat 2.jpg
Thermostat 1.JPG

GEORGzer

Re: Is my thermostat compatible ?

Post by GEORGzer » 09 Oct 2018, 18:56

Yes you can, simply connect the two wires (blue and brown) to the terminals of the Netatmo Thermostat.

Alternative if you want to use the Netatmo Thermostat wirelessly, connect the Relaises black and grey wires to the two of yours, which way is not important.
But in that case I would recommend to wire the Relaise directly to your boiler by locating and replacing the cable from your old thermostat.
You will also have to hook up the Relaise to a power supply, using its brown and blue wire (L and N).
Home:Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smart Smoke Alarm

Not a Netatmo employee

cim96sm5

Post by cim96sm5 » 09 Oct 2018, 21:59

Thanks for your quick reply! What do you mean by using the thermostat wirelessly? Is is to have the possibility to move the thermostat around in the house? The only function I am searching for is to have the functionality to control the thermostat via the Netatmo app.
Thanks again!
Martin

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 09 Oct 2018, 22:35

The Thermostat is powered by 3 AAA batteries. You can either mount it to the wall or set it on a table.
If the position of your current thermostat isn't ideal for measuring the room temperature, you can use the wireless option and place the Netatmo Thermostat anywhere you like.

But you can also of course simply replace your old thermostat with the new one and plug the Relaise into an outlet nearby.
Home:Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smart Smoke Alarm

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”