viessmann vitodens 050-w

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
zjur

viessmann vitodens 050-w

Post by zjur »

Hello,

So... I have bought Netatmo for my new boiler and now the official Viessmann installer won't install it to Viessmann vitodens 050-w cause he is unsure if it's compatible and does not want to take the responsibility in case of damage.
What he has left is this wire sticking from my boiler:
5831961064914778510.jpg
And these are NetAtmo vires, please tell me how to match the colors:
7463333685353702463.jpg
Thanks in advance!
GEORGzer

Re: viessmann vitodens 050-w

Post by GEORGzer »

If your boiler stops when you remove that black bridge-cable and the blue and black wires carry normal voltage, try the following:

Netatmo blue to blue
Netatmo brown to black
remove the bridge cable
Netatmo grey to white
Netatmo black to brown

If you'd like the colours to match better, you'd have to switch brown and black of that cable at the boiler's side.

That an official Viessmann installer isn't capable of figuring this out, is beyond me....
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
zjur

Post by zjur »

Thanks, but it didn't work :( blue/black wires do not provide any voltage ( tested ) and netatmo adapter won't power on.
About the installer, he is talking about two wires only and if not Viessmann he won't touch it, he also said that bricked wires are having 220 W, which is not true. Also, he does not know what blue and black wires are for :(
I have found this for a similar boiler ( 100-W ), don't know if it can help:

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-02-28-18-14-32-214_com.whatsapp.png
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I see, blue and black are for an outdoor temperature sensor. But I am correct about replacing that bridge.

Well then you have to connect the Netatmo Relais‘ brown and blue wires to any other power source or mount a power plug.
Or you open up your boiler and attach grey/black directly and blue/brown to your boiler‘s power source.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
zjur

Post by zjur »

Thanks,

It's done :)

Cheers,
Zeljko
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee
rusiestefan

Post by rusiestefan »

zjur wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 12:17 Thanks,

It's done :)

Cheers,
Zeljko
Hi Zjur,

How did you solve this?
I encounter the same situation here and I don't know where to go anymore.

Thank you,
Stefan
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Please be more specific about your issues.

You have to replace the black bridge cable with the black/grey wires of the Relais. Photo 1 in the first post, white/brown wires going in the two right-side terminals.
Then you have to connect the brown/blue wires of the Relais to a power source. Either you mount a standard power-plug is you have an empty socket nearby or you piggyback them to the boiler‘s main power-wires.

Take a look at page 15 od the manual on how to open the boiler‘s panel.

https://viessmanndirect.co.uk/files//f7 ... Manual.pdf

Not a Netatmo employee
rusiestefan

Post by rusiestefan »

Eventually I figured it out. The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boiler doesn't power up the the Netatmo thermostat.
I needed to connect it separately to a 220V power source with a standard power-plug.

Thank you!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”