turboTEC plus VUW 202/3-5 Netatmo Installation

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
Tragedie_v_JZD

Re: turboTEC plus VUW 202/3-5 Netatmo Installation

Post by Tragedie_v_JZD »

Hello, i have one question regarding TurboTec , so use this existing thread. I am planning to buy netatmo thermostat and walves.

So, the question is...

I have TurboTec and it is used to heating of rooms and for heating of water. (there is attached boiler to it). Currently I am using calormatic for managing.

I completely understood how to connect NetAtmo to the turboTec, and how it works (it switches turbotec on/off etc). But .. how to achieve that I will be still able to manage heating of the water? Can be calormatic and NetAtmo connected at the same moment? How to arrange that calormatic and netatmo will not be "disturbing" each other?

Thank you.
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

What I learned, Calormatic has always top priority, so it is not recommended to have connected Calormatic and Netatmo together.
But I also using turboTEC for heating water and water is heated each time I open any faucet...
Tragedie_v_JZD

Post by Tragedie_v_JZD »

It probably will .. I assume that in your case it achieves "heated" water for all time whole day 24hrs a day, so heating is executed also in the night...?

But to achieve some savings, I am using programmed mode (controlled by calormatic) that water is heated (on working days) only in the morning (once) and in the evening (once) as nobody is at home during the day. And only on saturdays and sundays it is available for all day.

So, if in Understand, this is not possible anymore (as it is possible to do only via eBus), and if i switch to netatmo, i will have water heating for whole day ...? not so good :(
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

Yes, look so. I have it all day also, even if I am not at home. Anyway, Netatmo should be big saver when heating will become actual, so, yes, you need to disconnect Calormatic definitely.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

What you guys could try is to figure out if both systems, when connected simultaneously, need to be "active" for the heating to start. I think that's the case because of the pre-installed bridge cable that gets replaced with an "analog" thermostat.

If so, you could try to set the Calormatic to "heat" permanently, control the heating schedule with the Netatmo Thermostat and keep the hot water settings.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

Thank you GEORGzer for all your replies.
I have small addition to my original question - you replied me, that it is not needed to use thermostat (I asked, if I can use only relay+smart valves without thermostat) and you said, if I use it, I will get better results.
So, my question is: If I have 3 rooms, each equipped with smart valve and also thermostat in one of the room, how tepmerature is managed? I understand, that 2 rooms will be managed by smart valves directly and they can switch on and off bolier to achieve presetted temperature. But what about 3rd one, where will be smart valve + thermostat? What if I have set on thermostat 23°C, but on valve ony 20°C? How this deviation is managed? Because all directs me to not to use thermostat, as I am afraid, that there will be some overriding each other...

Hope you understand my question. Thanks!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

If you correctly set up the Thermostat and the Valves in the same "room" (software), then they all will always be synched, no matter where you change the set-temperature.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

Aha, get it. If so, I can decide myslef, if to use thermostat or not.
Thanks a lot!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee
zmizik

Post by zmizik »

Tragedie_v_JZD - Please have you solve the problem with colormatic and netatmo thermostat regarding hot water production?

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”