Junkers Ceraclass Midi (First Thermostat)

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
Tree_what

Junkers Ceraclass Midi (First Thermostat)

Post by Tree_what »

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to connect the netatmo into my boiler for the first time. The manual of the boiler is this (the one that seems more like it):
https://junkers-es-es-c.boschtt-documen ... 3q1hori2n0
But in the manual is not clear and it calls the connections different so I am not sure if I will broke it if I do it wrong, mine looks like this.

In the manual seems like this;

Should I do it like that? So I connect the control in LT-Ls and I take out the bridge and then the power (brown and blue) to Ls-Ns in the left side?

Thank you for your answers.
GEORGzer

Re: Junkers Ceraclass Midi (First Thermostat)

Post by GEORGzer »

You should check your boiler‘s labels to determine the exact model, because this manual clearly doesn‘t fit your device.

Anyway, your boiler seems to have 2 zones, that is why you have two bridges installed.
I‘ll just assume that the LR/LS connectors are the once for heating, as it is with 1-zone boilers.
You‘ll have to remove the bridge between LR and LS and replace it with the black and grey wires of the Relais, polarity not important.

Regarding power, you will have to add the Relais‘ brown and blue wires to your boiler‘s power source, the other connectors in your photo serve a different function.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Tree_what

Post by Tree_what »

Thanks for your answer, the only manual seems to be that one because there is the same manual for different models, the model is this one:
I was assuming I could attach my power to those connections as well because for my boiler the access to the boiler's power source is more difficult. Still, I'm not sure about if I should do as you say, let's see if someone else has an idea.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

The „ZW 24-2E DV AE 23“ seems to be a successor to your „ZW 24 AE 23“.
LR/LS is for heating and therefore you‘ll have to connect the black/grey wires there. LT/LS should be for the hot water function.

All those connectors only carry a low voltage and therefore are not suited to power the Relais.
If you don‘t want to touch your boiler‘s power supply, an alternative would be to mount a standard wall-plug to the Relais‘ brown and blue wires.

If you have doubts, you can try connecting the Relais‘ brown/blue wires to the LT/LS terminals, but it simply won‘t do anything except disabling your hot water function ;)
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
Tree_what

Post by Tree_what »

hahaha thank you so much, I will do what you said, you are such a hero in this forum you saved me and many others. THANK YOU!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Tree_what wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 00:20 you are such a hero in this forum

Thanks, I just try to warm people‘s hearts and houses :P

Not a Netatmo employee
Tree_what

Post by Tree_what »

My heart is warm and my house will be. Peace to you, people like you make this world a better place. :D
Alemar

Post by Alemar »

Hi, same boiler, same problem with the power for the Relais.
So, it would work if i connect blue and brown wired of the relais to a plug then to a wall socket?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes, like any other device.

Not a Netatmo employee
Alemar

Post by Alemar »

Yeha, it works :) thanks

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”