Correct Wiring

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Correct Wiring

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

Hi,

I tried to get info if my heating system is compatible, but the answers from the support where not satisfactory at all.
Unfortunately, I already bought it after the first confirmation of the support, so I really need to get it working now :-D
So maybe somebody can help me to detect the right cables or tell me if it will work in general?
  • I am located in Austria.
  • I have floor heating using water, the valves have a 230v outlet, heat is from district heating.
  • The valves are from Ovendrop and TECE
  • Until now I had a Google Nest with Nest Heatlink (which also uses 230v), but due to various software bugs I will send it back.
  • The google Nest was wired with Live(black) and Neutral(blue) 230v, and a wire Google called "Call for Heat" (brown).
  • Additionally, the wire coming from the heating system would have a grey wire and a green-yellow wire (normally ground in Austria).
I would be happy if someone can help me :-)

Thank you in advance,
Zaphod
GEORGzer

Re: Correct Wiring

Post by GEORGzer »

Servus Landsmann,

take a look at this topic, that user had the same situation.
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19698

The black and grey wires of the Netatmo Relais never carry any electrical current, they just connect to each other internally.
You need to connect the Relais‘ brown and blue wires to a power source to power up the Relais.
Then you must connect the black wire also to the power source (L) and the grey wire to the „L“ wire of your „valve“, actuator actually. Also connect the actuator‘s „N“ wire to the neutral source and you should be good to go.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Servus,

thank you for trying to help me, I think I do not get it yet... (Although I had a look at the other post, thank you)

I'll try it step by step:
The black and grey wires of the Netatmo Relais never carry any electrical current, they just connect to each other internally.
Ok, understood.
You need to connect the Relais‘ brown and blue wires to a power source to power up the Relais.
Got that, I connected brown & blue (Relais) -> black (L) and blue (N) (heating system)
Then you must connect the black wire also to the power source (L)
I guess with black wire you mean the black wire of the relais. Ok, then I connect this black wire to the black (L) of the heating system.
and the grey wire to the „L“ wire of your „valve“, actuator actually.
I do not know which of these wires come directly from the valves. There is brown, grey and yellow/green (ground) left.
Also connect the actuator‘s „N“ wire to the neutral source and you should be good to go.
Same, I know the black (Live) and the blue (Neutral) are my power wires, but I do not know what the label of the other wires is and which of them comes from the valve.

Here is a picture of the wires I have, they are all together in one cable.
As I said, with the Google Nest I justed black & blue for the power, and brown was connected to "Call for heat" plug on the Google Nest.

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you and have a nice evening,
Zaphod
Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Hi,

seems like I got the solution! :D 8-)

You gave me the right hint by saying that the black wire of the relais needs to be connected with my black (L) power wire.

Then I just connected the grey relais wire to the brown heating wire, which seems to be "call for heat".

That did the job :D

Thank you very much, you were twice as helpful as the support!!

Have a nice evening & stay safe over Ostern,

best Zaphod
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

gern geschehen 😉
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
danielheimeier

Post by danielheimeier »

I might have a similar issue. Had an electician company here 2 times and they don‘t get my relais to effectively make the Heimeier Emotec valve „turn“. The relais works, and it switches on/off. But no effect. The Emotec valve itself works, when it‘s directly connected/triggered, so I guess it‘s the wiring.

Antworten gern auf Deutsch wenns einfacher geht, bin aus Wien und verzweifelt.
5EBDD5D4-2B9A-4D49-9714-F406969F48EF.jpeg
5EBDD5D4-2B9A-4D49-9714-F406969F48EF.jpeg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 1335 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Servus,

your Heimeier valve right now is connected with both wires N & L to the Relais‘ black and grey wires. This can‘t work because those wires never carry any current on their own, they just get connected together internally when the Relais switches on.

First you have to connect the Heimeier‘s blue wire also to the neutral source.
Then you need to connect the Relais‘ grey wire to the other 230v live-wires as well. You can also switch out the black and grey wires which I would recommend for a „better“ color coding.

Also on a side note: those actuators need a couple of minutes before they open because they need to „heat up“.

Speisung vom Ventil nicht mit beiden Kabeln direkt ans Relais anschließen, da kommt direkt kein Strom raus ;)
Blaues Ventilkabel zu den anderen Neutral-Leitern, das graue Relais-Kabel zu den Aussen-Leitern, dann sollts funktionieren. Aber ich würde das graue und das schwarze Kabel vom Relais austauschen, sodass das schwarze Kabel bei den Aussen-Leitern ist und das graue Kabel das Geschaltene.
Und diese „Stellmotoren“ brauchen ein paar Minuten bis sie öffnen weil die mit Wärme funktionieren.

Not a Netatmo employee
danielheimeier

Post by danielheimeier »

Genial, danke!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

😉

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”