connect to LG therma

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
ed1777

connect to LG therma

Post by ed1777 »

Hello I would like to ask for a help with replace old termostat with Netatmo. I Have a LG heat pump and I'm not sure where to connect grey and black wire.
should it be to 17 and 19 pin? here is the photo from LG:
Attachments
LG
LG
LG.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 851 times
GEORGzer

Re: connect to LG therma

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes, black and grey should be connected to the terminals 17 (L) and 19 (L1), polarity doesn‘t matter.

Since one wire is connected to L2 as well, do you have a thermostat with 2 zones?
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
ed1777

Post by ed1777 »

I don't have 2 zones and I also wondering about the L2... that is the reason why I start this topic. adding photo from my old Salus connection below.
L and N are connected directly to the electric socket. the L1 in salus side looks not in use... it looks like the salus use L and L2
Attachments
salus.JPG
salus.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 846 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Thanks for the photo.

Ok in that case, you‘ll have to connect the Relais‘ black and grey wires to the terminals marked 19 (L) and 20 (L2),
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
ed1777

Post by ed1777 »

Hello again, I found schema and also the instruction how to connect the 3rd party thermostat to my heat pump. So the L1 is C(cooling - not in use in my case) and L2 is Heat.
in the video instruction - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37P7lG--v4 - electronic thermostat should be connected direct to heat pump terminal. So the Relay's wire brown to 17 and the blue to the 18, I'm right? but in this case, what with the wires black and grey ? in the video, the thermostat using only 3 wires - Netatmo has 4
Attachments
LG_Therma_V_Accessory_Installation_Guide__How_to_install_the_3rd_Party_Thermostats.png
LG_Therma_V_Accessory_Installation_Guide__How_to_install_the_3rd_Party_Thermostats.png (27.96 KiB) Viewed 795 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

You have to connect the brown/blue wires to a power source, to power the Relais in the first place.
Black and grey have to be connected to the LG‘s terminals 17 and 20.
When the Thermostat switches on, it closes the contact between black and grey. Black and grey never provide any currency.

You can make a test by switching off the LG and putting a piece of wire between the terminals 17 and 20. When you power it back on, heating should start.

Not a Netatmo employee
ed1777

Post by ed1777 »

I did it like you wrote. but it doesn't work as should I think. I connect brown/blue to the electric socket and black and grey to the LG‘s terminals 17 and 20.
when thermostat start heat, the LG's start so OK but when I the set temperature is reached, the relay disconnect black/grey, LG's stop but after few minutes, it starts again heat and stop after few seconds, over and over again - even when the Relay doesn't switch anything, no lights on Relay. When I disconnect grey from terminal 20 - heats stop without blinking that is the reason why I looking into the schema and wonder if I have correct connection.
I wonder if the electronic thermostat can be connected to the LG panel like this:
brown -> 17
blue -> 18
black -> 17
grey -> 20
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

You can try this, but it shouldn‘t make any difference.

If you‘re certain that the Relais isn‘t doing the switching then this is really odd behavior of the LG, since no contact between 17/20 should be established 🤔

Not a Netatmo employee
ed1777

Post by ed1777 »

I made a tests. When I connected the relay using only Relay original short wires - everything is ok. But when I using longer wires (4m) is not ok :) strange but I checked on 3 new wires and still the same. it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for Relay being outside in that case
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Ok, apparently the LG uses such a low voltage signal that the longer cable causes an issue.
Maybe you could wire a standard relay right next to the LG and use high voltage between that one and the Netatmo Relais.

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”