Correct wiring to Protherm Gepard boiler

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
jar.lass

Correct wiring to Protherm Gepard boiler

Post by jar.lass »

Would you please help with the correct wiring of Netatmo Thermostat Relay in Protherm Gepard boiler?

I understand grey and black wires should probably go to the terminals marked „RT“ and „24V“ after removing the shunt, is that correct?
protherm-1.jpeg
protherm-1.jpeg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 715 times
Also I probably need to connect the brown (L) and blue (N) wires to the boiler‘s power source, but the terminals are already occupied with another pair of cables. Shall I replace it? Or can I alternatively plug the cables to mains adapter and plug it to power socket?
protherm-2.jpeg
protherm-2.jpeg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 715 times
Many thanks for your help!
GEORGzer

Re: Correct wiring to Protherm Gepard boiler

Post by GEORGzer »

Black and Grey to RT24V is correct.

If this is the main connector of your boiler, replacing those wires will disconnect it from the grid.
You can either split the installed power supply wires to add the Netatmo Relais blue and brown wires with terminals or you go the way with the plug, which is probably the better solution if you‘re not experienced with electrical wiring.
But judging from that second photo, it should be possible to add the Relais‘ wires by opening up the screws all the way with the power switched off before, of course.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
jar.lass

Post by jar.lass »

Thank you for your reply. There is no downside of connecting the relay straight to the power via plug I assume? And do you please just attach the plug to the back of Relay? I am still waiting for mine to arrive so not sure how that works. Cheers!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

There is no downside, no.
In fact, it is necessary if you want to power the Relais through an outlet but want to control the boiler with the Relais as well. The provided plug-adapter can only be installed instead of the boiler cable, meaning you loose the option to control the boiler with the Relais and you need to wire the Thermostat instead.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
jar.lass

Post by jar.lass »

Just came back to thank you GEORGzer, I did the wiring based on your suggestions and it works just perfectly.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”