Is the Netatmo thermostat compatible with Protherm RAY 12 K Elektrokotel?

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
miroslav_smid

Re: Is the Netatmo thermostat compatible with Protherm RAY 12 K Elektrokotel?

Post by miroslav_smid »

Hello guys,

I decided to follow up my question in already existing topic since I have also Protherm RAY K 12 electo-boiler.

I have bought Netatmo wireless thermostat to replace existing older Jablotron wireless thermostat. That means I should be just replacing jablotron wiring by netatmo relay wiring at same spots. I did so (in same way as shown in the image of 26 Jan 2018 reply by Slanka). Relay works but when I connect it with wireless thermostat It seems to work in reversed mode: when I decrease the set temperature on OFF the boiler start to heat and while I set max temperature, the boiler switch off. I thought that trouble can be in polarity issue (although it should not matter according to netatmo manual), therefore I tried to switch cable positions between each other. It seems it does not help: Boiler is heating in OFF and MAX thermostat modes. Where can be the problem? Have I done something incorrectly? Or I was just not patient enough (I waited in each tested option at least for 30 minutes). Just for complete information. I just used wireless thermostat manually, I havent install the app yet.

Thank you in advance for any advice!
GEORGzer

Re: Is the Netatmo thermostat compatible with Protherm RAY 12 K Elektrokotel?

Post by GEORGzer »

You will need the app to change the polarity of the Thermostat.
Switching the black/grey wires won‘t have any effect, since only the contact gets opened/closed between those two.

When you have the app go in the settings to:
Manage my Home - „name of your Thermostat“ - Thermostat - Settings

You can change the polarity in there.
B70EB99C-9C19-4C20-B64B-4D1296F92133.jpeg
B70EB99C-9C19-4C20-B64B-4D1296F92133.jpeg (24.4 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”