No sound in Apple Watch

dvidal8

No sound in Apple Watch

Post by dvidal8 »

Hi all,

I have installed the doorbell and integrated it in Homekit. Now when there is a new event (button push or movement detection) I get notifications from both the Security app and the Homekit. No problem with that.

Focusing on Homekit. If tap the Homekit notification in my phone, it opens Homekit and I can see the camera and I can talk and listen to the person outside as expected. No problem so far.

If I tap instead the Homekit notification in my Apple Watch, it also opens the doorbell in my Apple Watch Homekit app and shows a nice interface with the icons to activate the microphone and to rise the volume. I am attaching the pic:
IMG_7505.PNG
IMG_7505.PNG (148.5 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Now, if I tap the microphone icon and I speak, the person at the door can hear me as expected. However, doesn´t matter how much I rise the volume in the Apple Watch, I do not get to hear the person when he speaks.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Regards,

Daniel
Hemmik

Re: No sound in Apple Watch

Post by Hemmik »

Hi Daniel,

The issue had been reported and Netatmo confirmed that it had been forwarded to the developers, see the following tweet: https://twitter.com/netatmo/status/1314201439539847175
dvidal8

Post by dvidal8 »

Thanks a lot Hemmik. Very good to know.
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

Even worse, with the newest firmware (80) there is no sound in the home app on my iPhone using 5G. There is sound when using wifi. This makes the doorbell pretty much useless for what I use it for. Answering and opening the door.
Jordyvand

Post by Jordyvand »

I have the same issue Hemmik. I have been in contact with netatmo support, but it seems like they are not yet acknowledged it as a bug. Also on firmware 80.
Noodles

Post by Noodles »

Same here. Amazing how they manage to ignore this for so long.
EmptyAir

Post by EmptyAir »

Frustrating... I wonder if someone at netatmo is reading all that stuff here...

I really like the doorbell by its design, but it must at least deliver the basic functionality without major issues...
dvidal8

Post by dvidal8 »

This seems to have been fixed in v82. At least I can now hear the camera from my watch.

Return to “Applications”