No Alert on iphone when someone rings the doorbell

Noodles

Re: No Alert on iphone when someone rings the doorbell

Post by Noodles »

Galapogos wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 12:56 Whenever you wear an Apple Watch, you will be notified on your Apple Watch instead of your iPhone. This is true for all iOS notifications. It's the way Apple designed this.

I guess you could turn off Apple Watch notifications for the Home app and/or Netatmo Security App, but leave them enabled on your iPhone. That way notifications should (only) arrive on your iPhone.

So in the end you can choose to receive notifications:
- Only on your iPhone
- On your iPhone if you don't wear Apple Watch, on your Apple Watch (and not on your iPhone) if you do wear Apple Watch

There is no way to receive notifications on both devices simultaneously.

There is a workaround however, since you can set up notifications for each app individually:
- Enable notifications from Home app on your iPhone, disable on your Apple Watch
- Enable notifications from Netatmo Security app on your Apple Watch, disable on your iPhone

This way you will receive notifications on both devices simultaneously, albeit from different apps. Maybe this works for some of you.
Seriously? I mean there is an extra setting in iOS that let's you specifically mirror notifications on the Watch. Never noticed before it would only chime on the Watch in that case.
Can anybody confirm this is the case? It's been messing with me since I installed the doorbell the other day and would make the mirrored notifications pretty much useless.

Return to “Applications”