Bad wifi Connection ... someone else too?

Bert

Bad wifi Connection ... someone else too?

Post by Bert »

Hello,

I know, it the WiFi connection is bad, it’s not the doorbells fault OR?

Is there a certain direction doorbell should „face WiFi“ or something because of the antennas ? If I place the repeater 8 meters from the doorbell, and the repeater has a Good Signal ( checked with fritz wlan app) shouldn’t that be enough for the doorbell? Look at the picture ... no walls between, 8 meters, and no metal between.

Any ideas what I could do?
Attachments
D886AE96-CBA9-4BC3-8949-15318A6B7BB6.jpeg
D886AE96-CBA9-4BC3-8949-15318A6B7BB6.jpeg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2187 times
E1212AEB-F089-435F-8254-FD52CC4897DD.jpeg
E1212AEB-F089-435F-8254-FD52CC4897DD.jpeg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 2187 times
I‘m Waiting for the Netatmo Smart door lock.
@home : 3 Presence, 1 welcome, Smart sensors, Smart smoke Alarm, Weather Station, Netatmo doorbell
Giannismile

Re: Bad wifi Connection ... someone else too?

Post by Giannismile »

Do you have a repeater somewhere in the house? If yes: Did you check in the Fritz interface that the doorbell is directly connected with the fritz box? I had a similar problem, but vice versa: the doorbell connected directly to my fritzbox router, which was a bit too far in the house with poor connection...and not to the repeater which was just 2 meters away. Only after 3 days, the doorbell switched to a connection with the repeater...and since then the connection is super fast.
Bert

Post by Bert »

Giannismile wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 20:41 Do you have a repeater somewhere in the house? If yes: Did you check in the Fritz interface that the doorbell is directly connected with the fritz box? I had a similar problem, but vice versa: the doorbell connected directly to my fritzbox router, which was a bit too far in the house with poor connection...and not to the repeater which was just 2 meters away. Only after 3 days, the doorbell switched to a connection with the repeater...and since then the connection is super fast.

The white thing what you see is a Fritz 3000 repeater and no matter wether it connects to the fritz 3000 or fritzBox, always bad connection... because of the condensation I‘ll get a new bell tomorrow, maybe it’s different, I’ll let you know... but even it says bad connection, I’m not waiting more than 2 seconds and talking works fine, picture is not 4K but ok... so after two days playing with 3 repeaters and two fritzBoxes my hope goes to the new bell
@home : 3 Presence, 1 welcome, Smart sensors, Smart smoke Alarm, Weather Station, Netatmo doorbell
Bert

Post by Bert »

Ok, after turning off the power supply and tuning on again, the sign for bad WiFi was gone 🤷🏻‍♀️
davinci

Post by davinci »

It will probably come back (sigh).

Return to “Applications”