Open door through Apple Watch Home App after ringing

smartdoc

Re: Open door through Apple Watch Home App after ringing

Post by smartdoc »

Hemmik wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 18:26
smartdoc wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 23:22 yes, they are in the same room however it is not working
But are you able to open your door from the home app? Without taking the doorbell into consideration?
No, only if the the door is locked but when it is unlocked Homekit can not distinguish between unlocked and open. The slider does not provide a third option „open“ like the Nuki app.

How can i open the door with Home App when it is unlocked?
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

smartdoc wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 19:07
Hemmik wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 18:26
smartdoc wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 23:22 yes, they are in the same room however it is not working
But are you able to open your door from the home app? Without taking the doorbell into consideration?
No, only if the the door is locked but when it is unlocked Homekit can not distinguish between unlocked and open. The slider does not provide a third option „open“ like the Nuki app.

How can i open the door with Home App when it is unlocked?
Ah, I see. I haven’t had this issue before since I only use it when I’m not home. When you press the button twice in rapid succession, it will open the door.
smartdoc

Post by smartdoc »

What do you mean with button, the slider? And what is the secret for the Apple Watch App to get it running?
smartdoc

Post by smartdoc »

Hemmik wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 22:23
Ah, I see. I haven’t had this issue before since I only use it when I’m not home. When you press the button twice in rapid succession, it will open the door.
No thats not working for me. If i klick the Home Icon quick twice the lock in a first step locks and then it unlocks and open the door. But thats not what i want.
I will open the door without the step to lock the door first.

Are you able to create a video how that is working in your environment?

BR
smartdoc
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

smartdoc wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 11:50

No thats not working for me. If i klick the Home Icon quick twice the lock in a first step locks and then it unlocks and open the door. But thats not what i want.
I will open the door without the step to lock the door first.

Are you able to create a video how that is working in your environment?

BR
smartdoc
That's how it works for me too. It does open the door so I'm fine with it locking first. It has to do with the fact that Homekit only knows two states for doorlocks: Locked and unlocked. I guess it is due to how locks work in the US. They have deadbolts which are not part of the door opener so to say. European locks are integrated in the door opener and therefore have 3 states: Locked, unlocked and open.

Return to “Applications”