Landscape image

thbo

Landscape image

Post by thbo »

I would think the portrait format of the camera stream is not hardware based as the lens of course is perfectly round 😀

I must admit the 140° horizontal view is a bit too narrow when placed in line with the door 40 cm away. I would love to be able to move and select which part of the raw lens image I would like to see, and lock it for the future.

Horizontal view is much more important than getting the sky and the ground just beneath the camera.
Last edited by GEORGzer on 04 Oct 2020, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title adapted for better searchability
Maroen

Re: Broader image

Post by Maroen »

I thought the same but I think it’s because when a person is standing in front of it the person is tall and not wide. I experienced myself because my doorbell is at a pretty low position (1m above the ground). So you would not be able to see who’s at your door when you only see the middle part of their body
thbo

Post by thbo »

Why is the doorbell at 1m above the ground ?! I would think that is an outlier in terms of doorbell height.

Also I do not need to see footwear, only upper body (or face in the case of children). But sometimes people stand off to either side waiting for a reply.
Maroen

Post by Maroen »

Why is my doorbell situated so low? That’s how they build houses in The Netherlands I guess. Probably it’s child-friendly or for really small people so they can reach the doorbell? 😂
thbo

Post by thbo »

Ok 😀 In Norway I feel 1,5 m above ground is more usual because it’s often integrated with a sign people should be able to read.

But I also used the extra back plate to get the smart doorbell as high as possible without exposing the cables. It’s still reachable for children. With “Halloween” coming up maybe I should have taken it even higher 😂

Still hope they could manage to give an option of selecting the portrait view from a broader raw image (and show it as landscape in Home.app Home Screen and AppleTV.)
dvidal8

Re: Landscape image

Post by dvidal8 »

I am fine with the vertical image, however, if the sensor is wider and there is more image available horizontally, I would really like to have the possibility to shift the vertical rectangle horizontally and choose which portion is to be shown in the camera. As described in the first post of this thread.
Flyer007

Post by Flyer007 »

+1
FixItVicy

Post by FixItVicy »

+1
NDL - g985026
iPhone 14 Pro Max 265GB
iOS 16.6.1
Security 5.1.12 (910)
Firmware 3.31
Timo

Post by Timo »

+1

Always thought the camera would have a wider vertical angle.
At least that is what the promo video and sellers had on their websites
drbiosignals

Post by drbiosignals »

+1

Return to “Feature request”