Homekit automation Trigger "Doorbell pressed"

Jefke Peeters

Re: Homekit automation Trigger "Doorbell pressed"

Post by Jefke Peeters »

Giannismile wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 13:28 It also stops automatically after a minute.
I made my automations also with the Eve app. Here my Hue bulbs become red when someone presses that doorbell button. But it's not possible to select an "off" time in Eve.The Apples HomeKit app does have this "off" function, but it doesn't work here. Not all Hue bulbs shuts themself off.
How did you do that?
Giannismile

Post by Giannismile »

If you are in the home app, you see the automation that you created in EVE. There, I can choose that the automation can be deactivated after a certain time. I chose 1 minute...and it works: the scene which is linked to this automation, stops after one minute - lights off and bell sound off.

Again, also very nice: I have an EVE DOOR sensor on the main door. When someone rings the doorbell and I open the door, it triggers the automation to stop the bell sound and the pink lights.
renekeulers

Post by renekeulers »

It's nice this solution "kind of" works, but why isn't the button press natively supported in HomeKit???
vderput

Post by vderput »

+1
DerekErb

Post by DerekErb »

+10

Eve app works. But it's limited. It can only call scenes and not full HomeKit automation.

The Netatmo Doorbell should reply to the standard HomeKit doorbell events of doorbell pressed and motion detection. Current only motion detection works which is actually less useful.
Scrupix

Post by Scrupix »

+1
JohnConnor

Post by JohnConnor »

+1
Scrupix

Post by Scrupix »

+1
Stefman

Post by Stefman »

Giannismile wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 13:28 Yes it works in the EVE app. I programmed that when someone rings the doorbell, a lamp turns purple and my HomePod plays a doorbell sound (I created a playlist on Apple Music with one doorbell song in fact). Works great.
Next: when we open the door, light and bell sound are stopped via an eve door trigger. Works great. It also stops automatically after a minute.
I would love to have this but I can’t figure out how to do this in the Eve app. Can you please explain how you did this?
Wombat58

Post by Wombat58 »

I would like to see a better link to notification customization that would give options for how a notification sounds for a pressed doorbell. Most apps on my iPhone give that customization option. The Security style just lists "Sounds" and has an on/off toggle. The standard notification gets lost in a sea of motion detection and text notifications and I totally miss answering the doorbell. Just let me choose any of the standard sounds please!

Return to “Feature request”