Real incoming Video call instead of repeating notification messages

sebi

Real incoming Video call instead of repeating notification messages

Post by sebi »

When someone presses the doorbell, popup notifications show up repeatingly on the iphone with no option to stop them other than opening the netatmo app, wait for the connection and then "hang up". This is really annoying when you just want to open the door.

Why cant the doorbell actually start a "native" incoming video call, like other apps (whatsapp, skype etc) do? With options to mute, hang up or answer directly?

Arlo seems to do it that way:
https://kb.arlo.com/000062169/How-do-I- ... o-Doorbell

Thanks!
Sebi
GEORGzer

Re: Real incoming Video call instead of repeating notification messages

Post by GEORGzer »

I pitched the idea in the beta-section to dismiss calls by clearing the notification.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Peppi

Post by Peppi »

Hello

If it rings, it takes about 6 seconds for a cell phone to ring. If you try to lose weight, it will certainly go another 6 to 10 seconds until the video image appears and you are connected to the doorbell. Wi-Fi connection has a full rash. If I had known that before the purchase, I wouldn't have waited 2 years. Because the video on the website at Netatmo also looks different. Someone rings the bell and then you get a video call directly and not a message first and then you have to click on it. That would be the right thing to do.
layer8

Post by layer8 »

SIP signaling would be so awesome as it opens up thousands of integrations!
klaasvs31

Post by klaasvs31 »

Peppi wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 10:51 Hello

If it rings, it takes about 6 seconds for a cell phone to ring. If you try to lose weight, it will certainly go another 6 to 10 seconds until the video image appears and you are connected to the doorbell. Wi-Fi connection has a full rash. If I had known that before the purchase, I wouldn't have waited 2 years. Because the video on the website at Netatmo also looks different. Someone rings the bell and then you get a video call directly and not a message first and then you have to click on it. That would be the right thing to do.
You're totally correct, if it would work like the video on the Netatmo website it would work so much better..!
sebi

Post by sebi »

klaasvs31 wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 16:02 You're totally correct, if it would work like the video on the Netatmo website it would work so much better..!
Not only would it be better, it would be as promised by the advertising.

The Website states "Receive a video call immediately on your smartphone when someone rings your doorbell and choose whether or not to communicate with your visitors." https://www.netatmo.com/en-gb/security/ ... call-video

But it's definitely not a video call. Its a series of notifications which you have to tap on to open the netatmo app which takes some time to open the video feed, and after another couple of seconds finally displays a microphone icon that you have to tap on again (!) to establish communication. By then most parcel services already dropped the package at the neighbours house...

In my opinion this is close to false/misleading advertising...
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-19 um 16.13.11.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-19 um 16.13.11.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3279 times
IMG_4378.PNG
IMG_4378.PNG (6.18 MiB) Viewed 3279 times
Timo

Post by Timo »

Whole reason why I bought the doorbell because of this feature.
Call should also be accessible to answer on Apple Watch (feature request)
tbryel

Post by tbryel »

+1 fully agree, this is what you expect. In addition I’d expect more configuration capabilities. What notifications do we want to receive, what notifications should make a sound etc.
JoeyNL

Post by JoeyNL »

+1 I thought exactly the same. Based on the advertisement I thought this feature (real video call) was already implemented and not the way it works right now.

Return to “Feature request”