Alternative, higher quality mounting

mdillmann

Alternative, higher quality mounting

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
the current mounting-plate is a desaster in terms of usability. The mounting holes are well too fragile, only a 1/3 of plastic (why plastic at all) can hold the screw. A slight bend or uneven plaster will break it once you try to seat the doorbell on it.

Also there is no room behind it for wiring, so it NEEDs to be mounted directly over the area where the wires come out of the wall. As the purpose is retrofit, one might want to cover older holes and/or adjust the positioning compared to the old knob (because of camera angle) but it is not possible currently.

Also the bigger cover-plate needs to be of higher quality, be thicker and have room/holes behind it to cover wiring and allow mounting to uneven surfaces.

Perhaps Netatmo could design and offer these additional mounting methods in their shop ?
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0e: 92: 3e (v197)
Ventile: o00a4a1 o00ac0b o00854d o006c0b(did go bananas) o007a51 o01cf3f (v73)
peraburek

Re: Alternative, higher quality mounting

Post by peraburek »

+1
hubert3

Post by hubert3 »

+1
michaelstaehle

Post by michaelstaehle »

mdillmann wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 11:46 the current mounting-plate is a desaster in terms of usability. The mounting holes are well too fragile, only a 1/3 of plastic (why plastic at all) can hold the screw. A slight bend or uneven plaster will break it once you try to seat the doorbell on it.
Ich know what you mean. I changed the plate through a self-built. I ordered in the internet a "house facade plate" (HPL) in 10x19 like the same size. I drilled a few holes in the right places and it looks great.
mdillmann wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 11:46 Also there is no room behind it for wiring, so it NEEDs to be mounted directly over the area where the wires come out of the wall. As the purpose is retrofit, one might want to cover older holes and/or adjust the positioning compared to the old knob (because of camera angle) but it is not possible currently.
Same problem here. I put rubber washers behind the plate to compensate for the curved wall and to guide the cables better.
mdillmann wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 11:46 Perhaps Netatmo could design and offer these additional mounting methods in their shop ?
The plates you get in all colors and i paid 7 Euro! If you want I can post some picture of it. I've took fotos by every step ...

I mean, hey, an addon store for personalized plates would be a great startup idea ...

Best regards Michael

Return to “Feature request”