Bypass do not disturb setting in iOS to play sound

Niels1978

Bypass do not disturb setting in iOS to play sound

Post by Niels1978 »

Can you please alter the code to have a sound playing from the app even when I put my iPhone in do not disturb mode?

I love my sleep and I put my iPhone in do not disturb mode ( the moon 🌙 icon. But I really would want to have an alert with sound if a person is detected with my netatmo doorbell.

It is possible to code. Here is the page to alter the code of the security app.
https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... ertsetting

When UNNotificationSetting.enabled, this property authorizes the app to play critical sounds that ignore Do Not Disturb and the device’s mute switch.
For local notifications, the system attempts to play a critical sound when the sound property of the UNNotificationContent object contains an object returned by the defaultCritical property, the criticalSoundNamed(_:) method, or a related method.
For remote notifications, the system attempts to play a critical sound when the notification’s payload contains a sound directory that contains the critical key.
Critical alerts require a special entitlement issued by Apple.

It is a simple change and I really hope you can built this in the app, maybe with an option to enable or disable the bypass in the security app options

Thanks
Abildgren

Re: Bypass do not disturb setting in iOS to play sound

Post by Abildgren »

+1
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Critical Alerts are already implemented for the Smoke Alarms.

As it says in the document „Critical alerts require a special entitlement issued by Apple.“
I doubt that they rate a doorbell as such.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Niels1978

Post by Niels1978 »

I found a competitor last week that has this for a doorbell motion sensor, but if forgot the name 🙄
jmjlai

Post by jmjlai »

+1
AllChefSki

Post by AllChefSki »

+1
digitalelise

Post by digitalelise »

The ring app for ring doorbell overrides do not disturb on iOS.

This is critical, we just had a break in last night and because our Netatmo doorbell didn’t alert with a sound on iOS we didn’t see that someone was entering the house until a few minutes after they were inside and heard them in the kitchen.

Return to “Feature request”