Improve (rework!) person detection algorithm, add "reset"

klaus53

Improve (rework!) person detection algorithm, add "reset"

Post by klaus53 »

Three major issues (still with firmware v82):
1. As already reported by many users, the "person detection" algorithm is crappy. It's terribly slow, too late, people are detected and recorded when they walk away. Add pre-roll or something similar.
2. It's snowing here (in Germany/Bavaria), and the algorithm seems to detect any snowflake as "movement". It get tons of recordings which are all useless. Trying to adjust (tap on the icon in the timeline, then accoring actions) does not improve it. The algorithm MUST be completely reworked.
3. Add a "reset" feature to wipe out all detection adjustments (this "tap on the icon on the timeline and learn the device what a person is". Right now I cannot reset it, unless I put the whole device back to factory settings. This is useless and not needed.
davinci

Re: Improve (rework!) person detection algorithm, add "reset"

Post by davinci »

I agree v82 is detecting just static snow as a person twenty times a night. Probably it looks like a Person. HomeKit Secure Video would be much better at this.

Pre- roll is a must.
net2021

Post by net2021 »

The detection is much worse under version 82 than under version 80.
klaus53

Post by klaus53 »

Now there is no snow, but this camera creates recordings in a 3-minute interval, while there is absolutely no movement. Only a question of time when the SD-card will be worn out.

Completely useless. Firmware v82 is a mess.

Return to “Feature request”