Wiring Smart Doorbell

mdillmann
Posts: 71
Joined: 15 Oct 2017, 13:51

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by mdillmann »

laurensdeblocq wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:59 I really don’t know how to wire it with the Byron 761. It should be compatible..

The two wires on the left are the 8V ones.. the two on the right go outside to the doorbell.

Where do I put the chime?
Based on the compatibility checker it is not compatible with a 4-wire installation
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0e: 92: 3e (v197)
Ventile: o00a4a1 o00ac0b o00854d o006c0b(did go bananas) o007a51 o01cf3f (v73)
currychip
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 May 2016, 16:10

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by currychip »

Can I ask, has anyone used an electronic chime?
I have a Honeywell Home DW315S, any thoughts on whether this is compatible?
OldFox
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Dec 2016, 23:11

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by OldFox »

Hemmik wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 22:10 I wanted to do a factory reset with usb connect as it says in the guide, but the USB port is not accessible as it is filled with glue.
No worries for plugging the USB port, the glue inside is an extra anti-oxidation measure.

I suggest that you contact netatmo team, which will help you with the installation.
Hemmik
Posts: 49
Joined: 28 Sep 2020, 21:37

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by Hemmik »

OldFox wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 06:19
Hemmik wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 22:10 I wanted to do a factory reset with usb connect as it says in the guide, but the USB port is not accessible as it is filled with glue.
No worries for plugging the USB port, the glue inside is an extra anti-oxidation measure.

I suggest that you contact netatmo team, which will help you with the installation.
Thanks! I could indeed plug in a cable after reading your comment. The doorbell is reset and connected to my network (powered by usb). Now I still have to get it to work with my chime and power.
Arthur_Netatmo
Posts: 430
Joined: 15 Jan 2020, 10:48

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hemmik wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:45 This has been the most frustrating smarthome product installation I’ve ever had, and the doorbell is still not working. I did everything according to the manual but had two problems and gave up for today. The chime will only ring very faintly so is practically useless. The doorbell itself connected perfectly fine to Homekit and worked for a few seconds after which it was unreachable. I did a reset with a small pin and since then am unable to connect the doorbell. The light was blinking white constantly and nothing worked. Then it stopped, I had to change the fuse and now it keeps blinking green. I’ve never had any problems with a ring doorbell and the eufy battery doorbell which I had wired with a perfectly working chime. I have no clue what to do now. The doorbell is powered at 8 v but the light was green initially so I kept the chime module at 1-low. Switching it to 2-low, which is supposedly for 8v does not work either..
Hi Hemmik, thank you for your feedback, sorry to read that the installation didn't go well!
Can you please post or send us pictures of the transformer you are using? And also pictures of the chime wiring with the chime module? It will help us solve your installation problem.

Best regards,
Arthur - Product Manager
Hemmik
Posts: 49
Joined: 28 Sep 2020, 21:37

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by Hemmik »

Arthur_Netatmo wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 09:21
Hemmik wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:45 This has been the most frustrating smarthome product installation I’ve ever had, and the doorbell is still not working. I did everything according to the manual but had two problems and gave up for today. The chime will only ring very faintly so is practically useless. The doorbell itself connected perfectly fine to Homekit and worked for a few seconds after which it was unreachable. I did a reset with a small pin and since then am unable to connect the doorbell. The light was blinking white constantly and nothing worked. Then it stopped, I had to change the fuse and now it keeps blinking green. I’ve never had any problems with a ring doorbell and the eufy battery doorbell which I had wired with a perfectly working chime. I have no clue what to do now. The doorbell is powered at 8 v but the light was green initially so I kept the chime module at 1-low. Switching it to 2-low, which is supposedly for 8v does not work either..
Hi Hemmik, thank you for your feedback, sorry to read that the installation didn't go well!
Can you please post or send us pictures of the transformer you are using? And also pictures of the chime wiring with the chime module? It will help us solve your installation problem.

Best regards,
Hi Arthur, thanks for the reply. See the attachments for the transformer and the (de-attached) chime module. I will send you a picture of the opened chime + module in a bit as I do not have access now.
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.48 KiB) Viewed 312 times
image-1.jpg
image-1.jpg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Arthur_Netatmo
Posts: 430
Joined: 15 Jan 2020, 10:48

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Thank you for the pictures Hemmik, unfortunately the doorbell doesn't receive enough power from the transformer because it delivering only 0,5A. To be able to ring the chime correctly and to stay connected, the doorbell needs 8VA, (8V 1A transformer in your case). Your chime however doesn't need replacement as it is compatible.
I suggest replacing your transformer with a 8VA transformer, let me know if you need any help!

Best regards,
Arthur - Product Manager
GEORGzer
Posts: 1931
Joined: 14 Jan 2014, 18:14

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by GEORGzer »

laurensdeblocq wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:59 I really don’t know how to wire it with the Byron 761.

I posted a guide on how to connect the Doorbell to a 4-wire chime.
But note that this is a work-around.

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php ... 459#p81459
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smart Smoke Alarm

Not a Netatmo employee
Cduijker
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Sep 2020, 15:07

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by Cduijker »

Good Afternoon,

I received my new doorbell yesterday and today I am struggling to get it installed.
I wired everything up like it says in the manual. (8v doorbell system)
However the outside unit stays blinking green and never turns white.
I tried to reset the system by connecting a powered usb-connector and pushing the reset button for 10 seconds.
It does not seem to be resetting; the light keeps blinking green...
a little help would be appreciated:)

Regards, Chris
OldFox
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Dec 2016, 23:11

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by OldFox »

Cduijker wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 15:13 Good Afternoon,

I received my new doorbell yesterday and today I am struggling to get it installed.
I wired everything up like it says in the manual. (8v doorbell system)
However the outside unit stays blinking green and never turns white.
I tried to reset the system by connecting a powered usb-connector and pushing the reset button for 10 seconds.
It does not seem to be resetting; the light keeps blinking green...
a little help would be appreciated:)

Regards, Chris
Hi. Post some additional specifications (transformer max current, chime model).
Post Reply

Return to “Electrical Wiring”