Wiring Smart Doorbell

Bert

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by Bert »

GEORGzer wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 21:21 That‘s an intercom system. I‘m afraid you can‘t install the Doorbell with that.
I was Waiting since I heard first time of the doorbell ( 2 years ago or so😅) and now I cant use ist?! Hooolyyyy $€}%

I don‘t want it to be true 😱

I mean I‘ve got:
-12 V
- i‘ve got cables from Transformator to the gardendoor

Is there no way to „build“ a Circle which makes the doorbell work? To Change the chime would be ok, my system is very oldschool, about 22 years old, i don’t need it anymore- all I need is the Netatmo doorbell🙏🏼
I‘m Waiting for the Netatmo Smart door lock.
@home : 3 Presence, 1 welcome, Smart sensors, Smart smoke Alarm, Weather Station, Netatmo doorbell
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

May I ask, is this even functional anymore? Specially the outdoor unite looks.... wild :P
It‘s a 2-unit system, but the push-buttons look „bridged together“, somehow.
Bert wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 21:47 Is there no way to „build“ a Circle which makes the doorbell work?
Sure, you can reuse the transformer, wires and buy a chime. But you will loose the capability to remote-open the door, if this is a current function.

Get a low-voltage chime suited for your transformer and open a new dedicated topic and I‘ll be happy to assist you ;)
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Bert

Post by Bert »

There are two PushButtons outside. The Remote opener has Never been used because there is no Remote opener installed Outside, its just ready for the case.
Yes its still Working, i can talk to Outside and Listen, but Never use it because I always take a Look on the Presence...

I don’t understand low-voltage chime... it all Works with 12 Volt like My picture of the Transformator says. If someone pushes the Button Outside it Makes a sound as Long the one pushes the Button and stopes as soon the Person stops pushing, so there is no powersupply to the „Sound“, no digital doorbell
I‘m Waiting for the Netatmo Smart door lock.
@home : 3 Presence, 1 welcome, Smart sensors, Smart smoke Alarm, Weather Station, Netatmo doorbell
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Bert wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 22:25 I don’t understand low-voltage chime
You will need a standard low-voltage, 2-wire chime. Allmost anything suited for 12v without a build-in transformer will do.
That one will replace you current indoor unit and the Netatmo Doorbell the outdoor unite and old push-buttons.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
j0hnny_07

Post by j0hnny_07 »

My house is quite new, so there's no existing doorbell/chime.

Is the Netatmo doorbell compatible with this chime?

The chime's installation documentation shows that it uses a regular 0,1,2,3 panel and can be powered by a 9V battery or via a transformer connected to the mains.

What confuses me is this:
  • The diagram in the document above shows that the transformer should be attached to two terminals (1,3) with the bell press also attached to two terminals (0,1)
  • The Netatmo guide shows that chime panels of this type only require "two wires to be powered. One wire is coming from the transformer, the other from the doorbell button."
As you can see, the two points above are contradictory. Does that mean this chime isn't compatible?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Take a look here.
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=18834

You only end up with 2 wires because you have to rund the power from the transformer through the Doorbell first.

Not a Netatmo employee
j0hnny_07

Post by j0hnny_07 »

Thanks, GEORGzer. I've gone and bought the Honeywell D117, as it's on the list of compatible chimes.

Is this wiring diagram I've drawn up correct?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

That is correct, yes.
Nice ink 😉

Someone in the Beta forum shared a photo of that cime, the Chime-Module fits in there nicely.
26B171E1-0EB3-4994-BA83-CFC1316B8C4E.jpeg
26B171E1-0EB3-4994-BA83-CFC1316B8C4E.jpeg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 3108 times

Not a Netatmo employee
j0hnny_07

Post by j0hnny_07 »

Thanks for confirming that GEORGzer! I hooked it all up yesterday and it's working nicely (aside from some video download issues). I ended up deviating from my diagram a touch by using one of these instead of a transformer (cheaper & easier to install).
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

👍

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Electrical Wiring”