Wiring Smart Doorbell

rheuft

Re: Wiring Smart Doorbell

Post by rheuft »

Hi Hemmink,

This is indeed strange. My doorbell is connecting to my (dutch) Fritzbox 7590 router without any problems on 2.4Ghz with WPA2. Do you have the new WPA3 option enabled in the Fritzbox? Not sure if this is a problem but worth a try and easy to disable, I only have the WPA2 CCMP option active in WIFI security.
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

rheuft wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 16:27 Hi Hemmink,

This is indeed strange. My doorbell is connecting to my (dutch) Fritzbox 7590 router without any problems on 2.4Ghz with WPA2. Do you have the new WPA3 option enabled in the Fritzbox? Not sure if this is a problem but worth a try and easy to disable, I only have the WPA2 CCMP option active in WIFI security.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did have WPA3 enabled a few months ago but disabled it to add a few other cameras. I will check if it's enabled again.
rheuft

Post by rheuft »

And I see in my router that I also fixed the 2.4Ghz on channel 11, no autochannel. Also worth a try.
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hemmik, your doorbell isn't linked to your account and doesn't have a network configuration. When the doorbell LED is glowing white, it means that it is in configuration mode, ready to be installed in the Security app.
Cutting off the power for 2 minutes should make it enter the configuration mode again, can you confirm when you see the LED glowing white?
Arthur - Product Manager
Stefman

Post by Stefman »

Arthur_Netatmo, kan you please help me out. I'm getting more and more frustrated here. I really think there is something wrong with my doorbell. Measured the currency and that is all OK. After a factory reset I can get it working as long as its connected to USB but as soon as I put it outside it goes to glowing green light.

Right now I was going to do a factory reset again but now it has a glowing white light.

I also put some photo's of my situation.
Attachments
IMG_3793.jpg
IMG_3793.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 3790 times
IMG_3792.jpg
IMG_3792.jpg (3.22 MiB) Viewed 3790 times
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

Arthur_Netatmo wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 17:17 Hemmik, your doorbell isn't linked to your account and doesn't have a network configuration. When the doorbell LED is glowing white, it means that it is in configuration mode, ready to be installed in the Security app.
Cutting off the power for 2 minutes should make it enter the configuration mode again, can you confirm when you see the LED glowing white?
Hi Arthur. I’ve tried this but to no avail. It’s glowing white and i can see the network in my network list (I don’t select it but it confirms that it’s in config mode). I’ve also tested different security settings on my access point and tried with my iPad. I’ve even tries adding it to my iPhone hotspot. Nothing helps.
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Thank you for the pictures Stefman, I confirm your electrical setup is correct.
Please unplug the doorbell from USB and plug it on the wall mount.
It is perfectly normal to see the LED glowing green for a few moments. The doorbell will begin its electrical installation, by testing the circuit. It can take up to 1 minute.
When the doorbell finishes its electrical installation, you will hear a melody coming from the doorbell, and the LED will be solid green, at this moment you will be able to press the button to make your chime ring
Arthur - Product Manager
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hemmik wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 17:34
Hi Arthur. I’ve tried this but to no avail. It’s glowing white and i can see the network in my network list (I don’t select it but it confirms that it’s in config mode). I’ve also tested different security settings on my access point and tried with my iPad. I’ve even tries adding it to my iPhone hotspot. Nothing helps.
Do you have an error when trying to install your doorbell in your app?
Are you using the Security app, or the Home app ?
Arthur - Product Manager
Stefman

Post by Stefman »

Arthur_Netatmo wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 17:37 Thank you for the pictures Stefman, I confirm your electrical setup is correct.
Please unplug the doorbell from USB and plug it on the wall mount.
It is perfectly normal to see the LED glowing green for a few moments. The doorbell will begin its electrical installation, by testing the circuit. It can take up to 1 minute.
When the doorbell finishes its electrical installation, you will hear a melody coming from the doorbell, and the LED will be solid green, at this moment you will be able to press the button to make your chime ring
You don't know how many times I have tried that, it keeps glowing green and sometimes it becomes red for one time.
Is there some other way I can contact support maybe with videochat?
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

Arthur_Netatmo wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 17:39
Hemmik wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 17:34
Do you have an error when trying to install your doorbell in your app?
Are you using the Security app, or the Home app ?
61E94A7E-3071-4BCB-B3BD-C9EA1AF47E53.jpeg
61E94A7E-3071-4BCB-B3BD-C9EA1AF47E53.jpeg (188.93 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
Translation: adding accessory not possible, accessory not reachable. I used the security app

Return to “Electrical Wiring”