Buzzing and vibrating chime

david79nl

Re: Buzzing and vibrating chime

Post by david79nl »

Alright - I replaced the transformer that can do 8V/2A - it doesnt look like that has helped.
The transformer can do 12V/1.5A - is this worth trying ? 1 or 2 LOW do not make a difference. I did NOT reset the chime itself - does this matter?
Stefman

Post by Stefman »

Yesterday I got this from support, the only thing I did was giving the doorbell a static IP adress and restarted my router. I am using a Linksys Velop Mesh system and one of the nodes is only 2 meters from the doorbell. Since yesterday I didn't get any more messages so keep my fingers crossed.

If the doorbell keeps on disconnecting :
  • Restart your router and doorbell
    Turn both router and doorbell electrically off. Wait for 30 seconds, then plug your router back in and turn the doorbell back on.
  • Check if there's enough internet bandwidth
    You can do this by downloading the speedtest app on your mobile phone. Launch the test from your phone connected on the same wifi network and from the same location than the doorbell. The recommended upload speed is 1Mbps for one device only.
  • Check for interference
    Almost every network is subject to wireless interference which can cause your doorbell to disconnect from your home Wi-Fi network. You may need to move your wifi router close to the doorbell or extend your network's range using an extender for instance.
  • Check the settings on your Wi-Fi router or access point

Wifi frequency: please note that our doorbell only works on 2,4Ghz so test disabling the 5Ghz or change the SSID of your 5Ghz network to be different from the 2,4Ghz network.

Firewall : High firewall security or parental controls can block communication with Netatmo servers. Refer to your Wi-fi router/access point documentation to see if these feature is enabled on your network and how you can exempt your Netatmo devices from these restrictions.

QoS : If your router has device priority enabled (QoS), it could be limiting the amount of bandwidth available for your camera and cause your camera to disconnect. Try moving your camera to a higher spot on your router’s device priority list. Since each router is different, check the manual or contact the manufacturer for more information about QoS and how to check if it’s enabled for your router.

Mesh networks : The doorbell normally work with mesh networks. The problem is that it will not necessarily connect to the nearest access point .
    Once it finds an access point, it stays connected, even if the quality of the connection is not great.
    That's why it does not work very well with mesh networks, and we recommend using different SSIDs for each access point.

Other settings on the router: enable UPnP, assign a static iP address to the doorbell using its MAC address, use Google DNS (Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secondary: 8.8.4.4)
baltusf

Post by baltusf »

Hi stefman, which did you ordered and did it work? I have honywell d103, but with the chime in 1 and low I do not hear my doorbell. When I put it in 1 and high, my doorbell is working, but that is for 220v. The transformer is now on 12v and wires to the doorbell from the transformer is about 30cm and from the doorbell to the netatmo camera is about 60cm.
baltusf

Post by baltusf »

rheuft wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 13:23 I switched to another type of chime: https://www.allekabels.nl/deurbel/1687/ ... odule.html

A little less loud but it worked for me.
Does it work?
Thanks, Fred
david79nl

Post by david79nl »

Update on my situation - I have switched from 8V/2A to 12V/1.5A and while i sometimes can hear a little bit of a buzzing sounds - it has improved a lot!
Chime is the same - only thing switched is the transformator
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

My chime started buzzing after working fine for about a month. It’s a 8VA transformer. Setting is 1-low. Should I try 2-low?
DaveV

Post by DaveV »

After all issues at the start of using the doorbell (you can read it in this thread ;) ) and a few months of working fine, all of a sudden the chime started buzzing again. Very annoying. It buzzes the most when it’s dark outside (maybe motion or infrared triggers it?)

Is there someone who can give me advise which chime does work in NL without buzzing to use with a 8V transformer.

If that will not solve the problem, I will change the transformer from 8V/2A to a 12V/2A one (25VA).
Mark@BC

Post by Mark@BC »

1x Presence outdoor camera siren V3.18.0
2x Thermostat V76 + 10x Valves V100 + relais 236
1x weather station v202, outdoor module V53 and additional indoor module V53
DaveV

Post by DaveV »

Thanks, I will have a look at the Honeywell chimes and try out the Honeywell DW311S. Wiring seems to be the same as the chimes from the thread you shared (don't need strobe lights, just the ringing from the chime). I really hope that will solve the problem. If not the only option is to once again change the transformer tot a 12V (25VA) one.
Dammie

Post by Dammie »

hi! I think I have a problem that looks like this one. My chime is buzzing/zooming while everything is ok.

The only problem is that I have a different chime.

I have a blue and red wire at the doorbell and the chime.
IMG_7001.jpg
IMG_7001.jpg (53.91 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
The blue wire is powered here:
IMG_6999.jpg
IMG_6999.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
I just want to get ride of the buzzing noise. Its not the same sounds as somybody ring the door but is buzzing constantly and more when I look thru the camera.

Any idea how to fix this?

TIA!
Attachments
IMG_6998.jpg
IMG_6998.jpg (56.21 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

Return to “Electrical Wiring”