Buzzing and vibrating chime

steve@goodey.org

Re: Buzzing and vibrating chime

Post by steve@goodey.org »

So if the chime module settings are changed does reset need to be done each time?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes, if you change any hardware in your setup, you should reset the Doorbell and choose the Chime-Module settings depending on what the Doorbell recommends (status LED).
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Stefman

Post by Stefman »

No it was because of the blue light but now I know it’s for homekit
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I see.

Doesn’t matter in your case, but switching around the Chime-Module settings should be avoided. On a high-voltage installation this can blow the internal fuse or even damage the hardware permanently.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
steve@goodey.org

Post by steve@goodey.org »

Yes, if you change any hardware in your setup, you should reset the Doorbell and choose the Chime-Module settings depending on what the Doorbell recommends (status LED).
GEORGzer Thanks.
david79nl

Post by david79nl »

So you are all set ? No more buzzing and it works with Homekit without error messages?
I have to do something - this buzzing noise when it is dark outside is really bad.
Stefman wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 22:59 No it was because of the blue light but now I know it’s for homekit
Stefman

Post by Stefman »

david79nl wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 10:44 So you are all set ? No more buzzing and it works with Homekit without error messages?
I have to do something - this buzzing noise when it is dark outside is really bad.
Yes as far as I know it's ok now. No more buzzing and no errors.
I bought this chime https://www.toolstation.nl/byron-gong/p31487
It's a bit of a quit chime but you get messages on your iPhone so it's not that important.
mlg_vl

Post by mlg_vl »

Same Thing here (NL), after connecting the wires the chime keeps buzing.
it seems that you need to change the wire order on the doorbell 8V trafo
the chime was connected on 6 & 7
the chime must be on 7 & 8 and the doorbell must be on 6&7
See the picture
Attachments
IMG_20201007_200826.jpg
IMG_20201007_200826.jpg (6.89 MiB) Viewed 7196 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

To clear up potential confusion: „7“ is an empty clamp with no power provided to it. Cool that there is actually a screw in there.
As an alternative you can also connect the wires together with a terminal.

But again also in this case: 8V 1A is the bare minimum and might be not enough depending on the wiring. 2A would be better.

Not a Netatmo employee
DaveV

Post by DaveV »

I have the same issue with this doorbell (in NL).

After the install everything worked fine in the Home app and the Security app, could see the feeds (live feed and video feed when someone rings the bell) and received the messages, except my chime was constantly ringing. I did raise a ticket with Netatmo and after several mails, the suggestion was to factory reset the doorbell and do a reinstall.

So yesterday I did a reset and started the install again. Installation was fine (no wiring issues), except that the chime is still constantly ringing and now the Security app tells me it can't show the live feed due to insufficient power supply although it does work if someone rings the bell and I click on the message (than video feed works and I can even talk). In the Home app everything works fine, I do have a live feed and can also react on messages after someone rings the bell.

I am totally lost and do not understand why now the Security app tells me there is insufficient power to the bell.

In my setup I use a Byron model 7770 transformer (input 230V - output 8v 1A) and a Grothe LT1171 8v Chime. The chime module is configured as 1 Low

Byron Transformer

Grothe Chime
ImageImage

Electrical Installation

Message Security App (Dutch)

Apple Home app (live view)

Return to “Electrical Wiring”