Buzzing and vibrating chime

Maroen

Buzzing and vibrating chime

Post by Maroen »

I received my Netatmo Doorbell early yesterday already and installed it immeadiately. At first it seemed to work as it should. But not much later the doorbell started making my chime buzzing and vibrating unstoppable.

I tried many things to solve it. I reinstalled the doorbell, changed the wires, but each time I Connect the wires at the back of the doorbell the chime starts buzzing again. It makes me think that the wires keep half connected but not properly enough to actually make the chime ring. Like the chime receives a half signal.

Today I even bhought a new chime to try but that one started vibrating even more when connected.

I’ve been waiting for this doorbell since it was announced and I was so happy when the doorbell finally arrived yesterday after the long wait. Now the doorbell is disconnected and back in the box for now. I’m very disappointed at the moment. Hopefully there will be a solution for this but if not I’m unfortunately going to return it. 🙁
Last edited by Maroen on 27 Sep 2020, 20:35, edited 2 times in total.
Mark@BC

Re: Buzzing and vibrating chime

Post by Mark@BC »

I think you will get some feedback after the official launch date of 28 September 😉
1x Presence outdoor camera siren V3.18.0
2x Thermostat V76 + 10x Valves V100 + relais 236
1x weather station v202, outdoor module V53 and additional indoor module V53
VincentT

Post by VincentT »

Hello Maroen,
Sorry about this inconvenience.
I will try to help you with this issue.

Could you please check that your chime module is in LOW1 position?
Is your transformer at least an 8VA?
If both answers are OK, please send me in PM some photos of your installation (transformer, chime, chime module).

Thank you,
Vincent
Vincent - Netatmo Hardware Engineer
Maroen

Post by Maroen »

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I keep having trouble with the doorbell.

I set back factory settings and reinstalled the doorbell from the beginning, it was and still is in 1 Low position. The buzzing and vibrating of the chime has stopped. But I have a new problem. Everything goes perfectly while setting up and the doorbell is even running. The Netatmo app gives a message that a wiring failure has been detected on the electrical installation. Where I am supposed to see the video it says "Video unavailable, check the power".

But the strangest thing is that the doorbell is actually working. So I can't see the live video in Netatmo app but Apple homekit app does show live video. When I press the doorbell the bell rings and both the Netatmo app and the Homekit app notify the call. I can answer the call both apps and see live video and talk etc..

The only thing is that the live video is not working in the Netatmo app as it says "Video unavailable, check the power" there.
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hi Maroen, thank you for your answer, can you please post or send us pictures of your installation:
- Transformer used (it needs to be a least 8VA)
- Chime wiring with the chime module
Unfortunately the doorbell can not draw enough power from your installation at the moment, hence the message in your app. It will disappear once the electrical setup is correct.

Best regards,
Arthur - Product Manager
Maroen

Post by Maroen »

Arthur_Netatmo wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 09:13 Hi Maroen, thank you for your answer, can you please post or send us pictures of your installation:
- Transformer used (it needs to be a least 8VA)
- Chime wiring with the chime module
Unfortunately the doorbell can not draw enough power from your installation at the moment, hence the message in your app. It will disappear once the electrical setup is correct.

Best regards,
I have found the solution! I have a chime with internal transformator. First I connected the chimemodule as described in the paper manual. But by accident i found the instructions below. Where one cable of the chime module had to be connected to the empty transformator output. This is not described in the paper manual? It took me 10 minutes now to install after 2 stressfull days. It seems to be working perfectly now! :D
Attachments
6EB921BF-94CC-4BA6-A5F5-DE55F6CAF13E.jpeg
6EB921BF-94CC-4BA6-A5F5-DE55F6CAF13E.jpeg (4.1 MiB) Viewed 7926 times
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Maroen wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 20:59 I have found the solution! I have a chime with internal transformator. First I connected the chimemodule as described in the paper manual. But by accident i found the instructions below. Where one cable of the chime module had to be connected to the empty transformator output. This is not described in the paper manual? It took me 10 minutes now to install after 2 stressfull days. It seems to be working perfectly now! :D
Great news! Unfortunately we cannot describe every chime configuration in the manual but we invite you the visit the helpcenter :) Thank you for feedback it means a lot to us!
Arthur - Product Manager
MartijnD

Post by MartijnD »

Unfortunately i’ve got almost the same problem. The chime keeps buzzing. Sometimes it will stop for a moment, but when i turn on the camera, it will start instantly with buzzing again. Probably the doorbell tries to get more power. The build in adapter is 8V-1A.
I also tried the solution mentioned here before, but without any result.
I will attach a picture of my setup. Any suggestions?
Attachments
C24B40C7-1538-464D-BD8D-FA30409A9CBD.jpeg
C24B40C7-1538-464D-BD8D-FA30409A9CBD.jpeg (670.53 KiB) Viewed 7848 times
VincentT

Post by VincentT »

Hello MartijnD,
You've mounted the chime module in parallel with the doorbell while it should be in parallel with the chime. You should place the chime module between 0 and 3 positions.

Please follow this helpcenter topic after doing the chime module modification:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... o-doorbell

Please let us know how it goes,
Thanks
Vincent - Netatmo Hardware Engineer
MartijnD

Post by MartijnD »

It seems to work! Apparantly there is some kind of battery that needs to be charged first. After the doorbell is installed the chime keeps buzzing, but in this setup that will stop after aprox. half an hour. Thanks!

Return to “Electrical Wiring”