[Solved] Installation with a Feller Chime

benzianium

Re: [Solved] Installation with a Feller Chime

Post by benzianium »

The more installations there are, the more the call for this feature is likely to grow.
At the moment I can understand if Netatmo want to keep the complexity as low as possible... For me it was already difficult enough ;-)

No coffee person? Tea then! :-)
BetaBürger

Post by BetaBürger »

Good evening, my neighbor have the same problem in the low voltage system. My neighbor hear die digital Gong Sound wenn he press the button on the Doorbell. As soon as he lets go of this button get off the Gong Sound.

Do I understand correctly that the ringing time will be adjustable in the future?

How should this work with a relay?

Thanks
Christian
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

BetaBürger wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 20:33Do I understand correctly that the ringing time will be adjustable in the future?
It was a suggested, but nothing official.
BetaBürger wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 20:33How should this work with a relay?
You get a relay, matching your system (high or low voltage), you wire it to the Doorbell with the Chime-Module like it was a chime.
Then you connect the digital chime to power as you would in a normal installation and instead of a push-button, you connect the relay.

When someone rings the Netatmo Doorbell, it will activate the relay and the relay will activate the chime which will play its music till the end because it is directly connected to a power source.

It is basically the same installation like I did with my intercom:
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=18899
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
benzianium

Post by benzianium »

I was able to talk to Netatmo support. They told me that in a future Fimware it will be possible to define the ringing time. This should solve the problem of the too short ringing signal. So a little patience! In the meantime, I have built an automation in Homekit, that certain lamps indicate a ringing activity by a flashing (scene). This scene will be deactivated after one minute.
kgroenhoej

Post by kgroenhoej »

GEORGzer wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 22:56
You get a relay, matching your system (high or low voltage), you wire it to the Doorbell with the Chime-Module like it was a chime.
Then you connect the digital chime to power as you would in a normal installation and instead of a push-button, you connect the relay.

When someone rings the Netatmo Doorbell, it will activate the relay and the relay will activate the chime which will play its music till the end because it is directly connected to a power source.

It is basically the same installation like I did with my intercom:
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=18899
Will the relay deactivate automatically again after a short time or will it deactivate again as soon as you don't press the button any more? If I understand it right, the chime need power as long as the melody is playing and the relay will only be activated until the button gets released or for 3 seconds. The chime-melody will still be cut if it's longer than 3 seconds. Or do I misunderstand how it's working?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

The chime will be connected to the grid so the music won‘t cut off, the relay is only used instead of the former push button.
In you current setup you don‘t have to hold the button pushed either.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Electrical Wiring”