[Solved] Installation with a Feller Chime

olafinho

[Solved] Installation with a Feller Chime

Post by olafinho »

Is the 230V-Chime from Feller supported? If so, how would be the correct wiring?

https://online-katalog.feller.ch/kat_de ... 230.FMI.61
GEORGzer

Re: Installation with a Feller Chime

Post by GEORGzer »

That‘s basically a normal 2-wire chime with an extra contact for triggering, so it should work.
731FE147-09D0-4E96-B9ED-932E6354BCAD.jpeg
731FE147-09D0-4E96-B9ED-932E6354BCAD.jpeg (118.4 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

You‘ll have to bridge the L and the „switch“ contact on the far right and then install everything else according to manual like it was just a 2-wire chime.
See this topic for more informations about this „musical chimes“ with 3+ wires.
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=18834

The „music“ will be cut-off but it will work.

Btw. the Chime-Module also fits a standard 68mm wall-box.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
benzianium

Post by benzianium »

Can this answer really be correct? If "L" and the "Switch" are connected, nothing happens.
Shouldn't "N" and the "Switch" be connected? This is what I have done in my case.

Background:
For me, only this type of installation works to some extent.
But if the bell is pressed too often, the doorbell separates and does not reconnect.
In this case I have to reset the device and put everything back on...
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

As you can see in the wire-diagram it is „L“ that gets connected to „switch“ when the preinstalled button gets pressed. That‘s what you’re simulating with bridging it to „L“, a continuous pressing of the button.

And then you wire the Netatmo Doorbell between the modified chime and the power source. It has to do with the way the Doorbell gets powered why this is necessary.

If bridging „N“ and „switch“ worked for you, maybe your electrical phases are interchanged?
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
benzianium

Post by benzianium »

That would be very disturbing for me if our electrician had switched the phases! But frankly I would not be surprised.
I have attached a photo of my installation. There you can also see the cable colors.

The doorbell works well in my case. However, during yesterday's installation, which unfortunately takes a long time, I noticed that something was not working with the power supply of the bell. If you press the blades several times, it switches into a kind of sleep mode, bell can't be pressed anymore and won't wake up from it. In this case I have to reset the bell (via USB) and remount it...
Attachments
8BB925BB-6840-4C2C-9B23-255C2A1CE39C.jpeg
8BB925BB-6840-4C2C-9B23-255C2A1CE39C.jpeg (334.89 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
2E3A5049-8412-4FBA-867E-53C7B2D69A82.jpeg
2E3A5049-8412-4FBA-867E-53C7B2D69A82.jpeg (317.77 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Ok, we have a misunderstanding here.
With „bridging L and SWITCH“, I don’t mean with the Chime-Module alone but actually with a piece of wire.

Try the following:
Remove the brown wire form your Chime and isolate it with a terminal. Take a piece of wire and put it between the now empty „L“ contact and „SWITCH“, adding it to the orange wire (coming from the Doorbell) and the Chime-Module as well.
If two 1.5mm wires + Chime-Module won‘t fit into one slot, you have to use a terminal.
Reset the Doorbell one more time and finish the setup.

That should do it and the Doorbell should function as intended.

Also please try to avoid exposed copper at the Chime.

Not a Netatmo employee
benzianium

Post by benzianium »

Hello GEORGzer

Many thanks for your valuable support. I have carried out the installation according to your specifications.
I also made sure that now no copper is visible!

The installation works like this. However, the original doorbell will only be heard for a very short time. As if something is cut off... There was also a message in the app about too little power.

I then did a complete reset and installed the app according to the manual. Chime module also reset to low / 1. When the blue LED lit up, Chime-Modul was set to High / 1 and then on. Everything went as desired.

I checked the installation again and could not find anything. But the gong ring is still cut off.

It does not bother me that much. But it is possible that a ringing signal could be overheard without a smart app.
Attachments
4806A69E-B2D6-473F-A716-650C2257DB37.jpeg
4806A69E-B2D6-473F-A716-650C2257DB37.jpeg (108.89 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Well that‘s the mentioned downside of digital or musical chimes.
GEORGzer wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 10:20 The „music“ will be cut-off but it will work.
In the beta test we requested the option for a „minimum ringing time“, it was taken into account.

Only workaround for this would be a relay between the Doorbell and the Chime.

Since this is a high voltage installation, the Chime-Module has to be set to „High“, „1“ or „2“ doesn‘t matter in the „High“ setting.

Nice and clean installation 👍

Not a Netatmo employee
benzianium

Post by benzianium »

As I understood you, in a future version it will be possible perhaps to adjust the ringing behaviour? Then it is really perfect.

Thanks again for your fast and expert support. Without your help I would not have been able to get the bell working.
A cup of coffee would be the least of it! Thanks!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

No problem, not a coffee person anyway 😉

As said, it was requested. But I can‘t tell you if that feature will ever be implemented or not.

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Electrical Wiring”