insufficient power

layer8

insufficient power

Post by layer8 »

Hi!
Connected by doorbell correctly but after 15 minutes the app states that the doorbell has insufficient power. My transformator has 8V and 2A - shouldn't this be sufficient?
The bell module is set to "2" and "low" - this should be correct and is described in the manual as well as here in the forum.
Please help! Is the transformator really too weak?
VincentT

Re: insufficient power

Post by VincentT »

Hi!
Could you please share some pictures of your installation (transformer, chime and chime module) please?
It will help a lot,
Vincent - Netatmo Hardware Engineer
layer8

Post by layer8 »

It works now! Have installed a stronger Transformator...
klaasvs31

Post by klaasvs31 »

Please elaborate "stronger", as this could help other users who suffer the same problem..
What transformer are you using now?
VincentT

Post by VincentT »

layer8 wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 23:09 It works now! Have installed a stronger Transformator...
Yes share some pictures of your old and new situations please.
klaasvs31 wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 08:43 Please elaborate "stronger", as this could help other users who suffer the same problem..
@klaasvs31, feel free to send me pictures of your installation in PM, I could help you if you are suffering "insufficient power".
layer8

Post by layer8 »

I changed my transformator to "Hager ST303" and used output 2 and 4 to get 8V AC. After some moments the app showed "Netatmo-Doorbell: richtiges Netzteil" - should be something like "right Powersupply" in English.
VincentT

Post by VincentT »

layer8 wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 11:00 I changed my transformator to "Hager ST303" and used output 2 and 4 to get 8V AC. After some moments the app showed "Netatmo-Doorbell: richtiges Netzteil" - should be something like "right Powersupply" in English.
If you get this message, it means there is probably still an issue.
May I know if you perform a factory reset after changing your transformer, here is the procedure :

- Remove the Doorbell from the wall mounting plate.
- At the back of it, you will find the USB port, above the serial number, next to the SD card.
- Plug your Doorbell on a powered USB cable
- Wait for the LED to turn off
- Press the reset button until the LED is solid green
- CAUTION: Wait for the LED to glow white before unplugging the Doorbell from the USB cable , then plug it back on the wall mount.
- Restart the installation from step 24 of the user guide.

This procedure is mandatory when any modifications in the electrical setup occur.
layer8

Post by layer8 »

This time I did not perform a factory reset - can do this later today. I doubt there is still something wrong but to make sure all the other things I am trying (and failing to get working) are not affected.
Will keep you updated...
klaasvs31

Post by klaasvs31 »

VincentT wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 10:43
klaasvs31 wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 08:43 Please elaborate "stronger", as this could help other users who suffer the same problem..
@klaasvs31, feel free to send me pictures of your installation in PM, I could help you if you are suffering "insufficient power".
I do not have any issues with my transformer at the moment (running a 12V 1,5A transformer).
But in general I think it is a good idea if someone finds a solution to a problem to share the details of the solution with others (who might experience the same issue).

Return to “Electrical Wiring”