Australia?

hubert3

Australia?

Post by hubert3 »

Hi,

I've received the doorbell from Germany as a Christmas gift ahead of the official launch in AU.

Can anyone recommend a wired chime that is available in AU (at Bunnings or amazon.com.au) that will work?

I would be happy with either:

1) A basic wired chime that has a physical switch to disable all sound (+maybe a visual signal).

I would be happy for the chime to be mounted outside directly next to the doorbell, to save having to run any wiring inside the house (my house currently has no doorbell/chime at all)

Or

2) A simple but reliable hack solution that allows me to have no chime at all (I am happy to only get notifications in app, dependent on wifi)

I am currently a bit lost as the recommended chimes from the forum don't seem to be sold here, and my house has no existing doorbell or chime wiring to work with.
j0hnny_07

Re: Australia?

Post by j0hnny_07 »

I’ve hooked it up to a Honeywell D117 that I got from Middy’s and just used one of these transformers for the power.

I recommend checking out the wiring thread in the forum.
hubert3

Re: Australia?

Post by hubert3 »

Thanks, I ended up getting a Honeywell D107 Facet chime ($44) + Honeywell D780 8V/1A transformer ($45) that plugged directly into my switchboard from radioparts.com.au.

Paid an electrician 130 AUD to do the complete install (no existing doorbell wiring, switchboard close to front door).

Next cheapest electrician quote I got was 280+GST and it was a bit hard to find anyone willing to do the job (no takers on Airtasker)

Return to “Electrical Wiring”