Wrong CO2 values with Additional Indoor Module

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
jros

Wrong CO2 values with Additional Indoor Module

Post by jros »

Hi,

I just recently bought an Amazon renewed Netatmo Station (Hardware v2) and it is working great!
So great that after a few days I decided to invest a little more and get an additional indoor module for the bedroom as well.

Now, the new indoor module does not work as expected. The CO2 values are wrong - they are always about 3200ppm higher than they should be.
I kept it next to the main module for a few days, and tried to manually recalibrate twice, without success. See in the screenshots attached what it looks like exactly.

To me it looks like the sensor is working but just not calibrated correctly.
Any advice on how I could get it to work properly?
Or should I just exchange it for a new module?
3.png
3.png (31.03 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
2.png
2.png (29.97 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
1.png
1.png (22.47 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Last edited by jros on 02 May 2020, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
jros

Re: Wrong CO2 values with Additional Indoor Module

Post by jros »

Attaching another image - for some reason I could not attach a 4th image to the original post.
It shows the difference in the measurements CO2 ppm measurements for the last 3 days.
diff.png
diff.png (77.51 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
Spacephone

Post by Spacephone »

I have the same Problem with Version 3,
i tried calibrating it manually.
My main module is on firmware 177 and the additional indoor module on firmware 50. Before the firmware update I was shown the manual calibration in the browser (with flashing „Calibration“), but not anymore.
Either it is no longer displayed or it does not seem to help either. If the problem does not solve itself in the next days I have to send it back, then the right of withdrawal expires.

Greetings
jros

Post by jros »

Status Update:

In talks with support since May 4th. So far still no news despite multiple check-ins with them.
It seems to be a bigger problem...

I also am running Firmware 177 on the main module, and FW50 on the outdoor and indoor modules. That leads me to think it is a newly introduced software bug with the newest Firmware.

I am in the same boat - I have to return the indoor module in 2 days otherwise I won't be able to anymore. I probably will, even though I really like netatmo... I gifted the first one to my dad back in 2014 and now I finally wanted my own station, very sad it is not working.

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”