How to rename modules?

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
komich

How to rename modules?

Post by komich »

I have four modules: the main module and one other indoor module, outdoor module, and the rain gauge. Recently, possibly after software upgrade, all modules except the main one were automatically renamed and now three of them appear as "Outdoor". I cannot find a way to restore the proper names of the modules. How do I do it?
GEORGzer

Re: How to rename modules?

Post by GEORGzer »

You go to https://my.netatmo.com/app/weather and login.
On the top right click on „Manage my Station“ and a popup window appears.
There you can rename every module as you like.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
komich

Post by komich »

Thank you GEORGzer, but there is no rename option in "Manage my station" popup window. You can only edit the location and timezone, but the module names are non-clickable and cannot be changes. How specifically do you do this?
jpreine

Post by jpreine »

I just tried to rename a module and it worked for me. You have to login first. Click on the modules name and the cursor will appear.
Presence Camera, 2 Welcome Cameras, 9 Sensor Tags, Smoke Detector.
Weather Station V3, Outdoor Module, 3 Indoor Modules, Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

komich wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 18:25 but the module names are non-clickable
Hm, that‘s odd. As far as I know that is actually the only option to name modules, besides the module manager tool.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”