To stupid to conficure a new weather station?

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
netti0815

To stupid to conficure a new weather station?

Post by netti0815 »

Hello, all here!
I`m new in this topic, was very excited to get my new set and wanted to set it up quickly and easily.
That`s what I thought ... 4 hours later I`m desperated about it...

First of all: I`m used to deal with PC`s, IOS, networks etc. - so not an export,but no noob either.
I`m using IOS 14.3. Ipad and Iphone and tried to configure the basic module very easily by using the Iphone app.
After generating the accounted I set up the app, put the basic weather module on energy., got it to blink in "blue",
and started the configuration process in the Netatmo app.... all went very easily until the windows popped up to "choose an equipement" -
but there is no option to choice in this window, it stays empty, anyway what I have tried.

Meanwhile I also checked some ways by assuming "white light", it went to a falure message sooner or later too.
No idea was is going wrong here:
- checked it with several gadgdets, all in the correct Wlan connected
- I disactivated 5GHz-Wlan
- Bluetooth is on, all settings for iCloud are correct
but it`s not possible to get the weatherstations configured or activated.

So I would be thankful to every advice for solving this issues
Dejavu

Re: To stupid to conficure a new weather station?

Post by Dejavu »

Hi there,

Same over here....I got it working now, I configured it via the Netatmo website, and then with the Mac app (attach the base station to your Mac with the usb cable). But as soon as I try it (or try to reconfigure it) with the Netatmo app it goes wrong... I don’t think the issue is in your WiFi, I have it configured in mixed-mode (2.4/5) and that works fine.

For me, the Apple HomeKit part is still not working, since you need the Netatmo app for that... And then I get the same message as you have with the default station config: https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19623 I have no idea what I’m doing wrong...).

I hope this helps to configure the basics and I hope
someone can help me with the Apple HomeKit config....
silrun

Post by silrun »

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. Despite several attempts to set up the new base station, I am unfortunately still no step further. My base station "flashes blue". When I try to set up this station via the iOS app, the base station never appears in the selection list (part list). Even after a long wait (> 2 - 3 min).

Does anyone have any tips or ways to get a successful installation?

Thanks a lot
Dejavu

Post by Dejavu »

Hi there,

Just to be sure, have you’ve been waiting longer then 2/3 minutes? I can really take some time....
silrun

Post by silrun »

Yes, waited I do not know how long! :-(
Dejavu

Post by Dejavu »

Have you swiped down in the list, even though empty records are being displayed? For me it worked after 3 or 4 minutes and swiping-down (to refresh the list) some times.....
silrun

Post by silrun »

Unfortunately also no records after a long time and with swiping!
Dejavu

Post by Dejavu »

Okay, too bad :( and what would you like to configure? The base station or Apple Homekit?

Base station: Have you tried to attach the main unit to your pc/mac, register on netatmo.com and download the configuration software, follow the procedure and register your station on netamo.com.

Apple Homekit: Is it a V3 device, of earlier? You need a V3 device to configure it for Apple Homekit.

Hope this helps :)
silrun

Post by silrun »

I tried already everything:
- via WebApp (blue blinking)
- via Apple Homekit
- via configuration software (just able to do the first step "Connection". But than, the main station ins blinking blue, but the wizard does not continue to step 2 "Configuraion")

Nothing is working. Based on this findings I'm asking me, if the base station is really working well? Or is there a way, how to reset this base station completely? Or is there a other way to set up this
silrun

Post by silrun »

And i focused again on the application "Netatmo Wizard". After connecting the main Station to the computer, it should automatically proceed with the setup. Unfortunately no reaction! :-(

Any tipps, what can be done???

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”