Cannot Connect Using Either iOS App, or the Windows App

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
tony_uk

Cannot Connect Using Either iOS App, or the Windows App

Post by tony_uk »

I have tried dozens of times to setup the Weather Station base unit, using the iOS app, the Home app, and the Windows Wizard. Nothing works! I've tried two different USB cables, and two different USB ports on my laptop. It is as though my laptop doesn't even know, that the base unit is connected to it.

Is it possible to download a driver? I am at the point, where I am think of reaching for the hammer. Any help would be appreciated.
cheffeundwackl

Re: Cannot Connect Using Either iOS App, or the Windows App

Post by cheffeundwackl »

hello, I'm hanging behind the post.

similar to me. I bought the system by ebay. Plugged it in, everything went as expected. 3 days long.

than the problems started. First the outdoor module had no connection, then the indoor module.

The indoor module behaves according to the instructions. first it flashes blue (plug in), then green.

I can get so far with the Apple IO app that it wants to establish the connection. Then comes an empty box where I can normally select the devices. I have no choice but to press cancel.

Identical also on the IPad and the installation wizard on the PC.

I don't think it's a hardware defect as it worked fine on my desk for 3 days.

I also reinstalled the app, completely rebooted the phone, plugged/unplugged the module multiple times.

everything did not help.

Anyone have a tip?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=20577

See there, the service is having problems right now that affect the weather station.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
cheffeundwackl

Post by cheffeundwackl »

such a bummer, this is my first cloud device and so lucky, problems with the service.
otherwise I do everything without a cloud (see www.hom.ee).
no alexa, no google, no....
Encourages me for future products, again without a cloud.
hope this works again soon. my Ministry of Finance (wife) has already grumbled because of the high costs.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

At least for me, everything seems to be back to normal today.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”