Protecting outside weather station

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
biondi

Re: Protecting outside weather station

Post by biondi » 16 Jan 2014, 11:55

Apologies Tonky, but when I go to that site I can't see any weather shields - I've had a look on the menu on the left but I can't translate from Dutch :) What's it called and I'll do a search in the site?

biondi

Post by biondi » 16 Jan 2014, 12:34

ah, found it I think:

http://www.weerstationkopen.nl/accessoi ... ion-shield

However the interior dimensions state it's only 11cm long which is only 5mm longer than the outdoor unit. Bit of a tight squeeze?

cheers,

Matt

Matze

Post by Matze » 16 Jan 2014, 14:04

Matt,

I had to use a cut to modify the radiation shield a little bit.

My additional indoor module is placed in the following aviary (cheap solution), which I purchased from amazon.

http://www.amazon.de/Habau-458-Vogelhau ... abau+meise

Matthias

Tonky

Post by Tonky » 16 Jan 2014, 15:27

biondi wrote:ah, found it I think:

http://www.weerstationkopen.nl/accessoi ... ion-shield

However the interior dimensions state it's only 11cm long which is only 5mm longer than the outdoor unit. Bit of a tight squeeze?

cheers,

Matt
That's it yes, I placed it horizontal together with a Oregon S. sensor, fits perfectly, so I have two sensors inside the radiation shield.

Edit,
You want find a better shop in terms of service and support if you want to buy there, look at the guest book, some of it is also in English from different countries. http://www.weerstationkopen.nl/guestbook.php

biondi

Post by biondi » 16 Jan 2014, 16:16

Appreciate the help Tonky, thanks..

Tonky

Post by Tonky » 16 Jan 2014, 16:28

You're welcome Matt.. :-)

harcan

Post by harcan » 16 Jan 2014, 23:22

Curious...why one would need a radiation proof housing?...:-) though I got the new "weather proof" module...I just realized it's not that weather proof...hmm...I had 100% humidity since I got it like month ago....decided to put it in a ordinary 33cl plastic bottle that I cut the bottle opening....and now it suddenly reports humidity better....hmm

Tonky

Post by Tonky » 16 Jan 2014, 23:40

Simple, to protect the sensor from the sun and rain... :-)

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz » 17 Jan 2014, 12:57

harcan wrote:Curious...why one would need a radiation proof housing?...:-) though I got the new "weather proof" module...I just realized it's not that weather proof...hmm...I had 100% humidity since I got it like month ago....decided to put it in a ordinary 33cl plastic bottle that I cut the bottle opening....and now it suddenly reports humidity better....hmm
I've been moving mine around in all sorts of places just to try and get readings close to my Davis station. If I put it in a dry, undercover location, the temperature is way out, by as much as 4C, especially when the temp is low. I moved it to a North facing wall, while the temp is a 'bit' closer, the humidity has been at 100% for the last four days.

I've decided to make my own Stevenson screen using Louvre vents, I have the perfect place to situate it but the module doesn't contact the indoor one, it's less than 40ft away with a wall in between... I cannot win!

biondi

Post by biondi » 17 Jan 2014, 13:10

The annoying thing is if you didn't have your Davis station (which I assuming is accurate) you would never have known the Netatmo was inaccurate! That's the bit that worries me.

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”