Unable to manually set station altitude

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
acarodp

Unable to manually set station altitude

Post by acarodp » 25 Apr 2014, 13:59

HI all,
apologies if this was covered already: I did a quick search and was not able to find anything relevant.

I have moved to another city (another continent, another hemisphere, actually :-) and have thus reconfigured my station with the new location. However, I am unable to set the new site altitude. When I give the address, the interface sets automatically an altitude (I suppose based on google map location) of 575 meters, but I know for a fact I'm at around 610-620 m, among other reasons because I'm at the 11th floor, and not at street level. When I try to change the altitude in the box in the interface and then close it, the new address is retained but the altitude is not. I have tried on the browser (Firefox and Safari) interface as well as in the iPad app, and the result is the same.

Am I doing something radically stupid, or is indeed not possible to alter the altitude the system chooses for you? I remember I was able to set my altitude manually in the past, but this was more than one year ago, the app and the computer interface have changed in between.

Thanks!

L

PS: Not that it makes a huge difference, it is about 5 mb, but still...

acarodp

Re: Unable to manually set station altitude

Post by acarodp » 07 May 2014, 17:33

Now it's working again... not sure why, but if somebody fixed something, thank you!

L

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”