How to Set up the Rain Gauge?

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
marknaustin

How to Set up the Rain Gauge?

Post by marknaustin » 11 Jan 2015, 19:42

OK - so I purchased a Netatmo Rain Gauge a while ago and am trying to figure out how to get it to connect to my existing Weather Station (which works fine - both indoor and outdoor).

I've put in new AAA batteries and see a flashing green light under the white plastic cover.

I turned on Bluetooth on my iPhone 6 and have used the app's "Settings" --> "Add/Remove a module" to go through the process to add the Rain Gauge. When I arrive at "Add an Accessory" (with 'Searching for Netatmo' in the background), the Rain Gauge never appears as an accessory to add.

Am I doing this correctly?

Is Netatmo no longer supporting/selling the Rain Gauge? Can't find any mention of it on the website. And there is a paucity of information on adding the Rain Gauge on the Netatmo website.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

marknaustin

Re: How to Set up the Rain Gauge?

Post by marknaustin » 12 Jan 2015, 00:17

OK - figured it out. Had to really get close to the Weather Station for the connection to be made. Now checking the Rain Gauge for accuracy.

jofre_netatmo

Re: How to Set up the Rain Gauge?

Post by jofre_netatmo » 12 Jan 2015, 12:28

Hi,
Please insert the batteries at the moment the station is looking for it.
As you mentioned, keeping it close to the station will help during the setup.
If you find any trouble, don't hesitate to contact the support: http://support.netatmo.com.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”