Adding Rain Guage

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
45cscudder

Adding Rain Guage

Post by 45cscudder »

My rain gauge stopped working, and we were getting rain. I removed it from its mount and found the tilt bucket had come off. I replaced the bucket; but, gauge still wasn't working. I removed it from the system and tried to add it back. The station can't find it. I followed the directions; no luck. Any suggestions?
Anthony_S

Re: Adding Rain Guage

Post by Anthony_S »

If you have used the apple Netatmo app on an ipad/iPhone to try to add the rain gauge, I would suggest you try and connect your workstation directly to a desktop/laptop computer and then add the rain gauge using the available windows software. Only tried this with a windows 7 computer but probably works just as well on a Mac. I had the same problem adding and removing modules and configuring wifi with the Netatmo app. Hoe this helps.
45cscudder

Post by 45cscudder »

Thanks. After fiddling with it for awhile, removing batteries and replacing, all of a sudden it connected. However, even though it is raining, it registers nothing. I can hear the tilt buckets clicking, however nothing shows up.
Hsd

Post by Hsd »

Did you reinstall the tilt bucket the right way? There are magnets attached to one side of it that activate the sensor. That side should point to the sensor.
Sendy_Netatmo

Post by Sendy_Netatmo »

Please check if the flipper is correctly positioned.
I have sent you two pictures to illustrate the correct position.
Attachments
Magnet-WRONG.JPG
Magnet-WRONG.JPG (108.96 KiB) Viewed 878 times
Magnet-RIGHT.JPG
Magnet-RIGHT.JPG (101.68 KiB) Viewed 878 times

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”