Weather station outdoor unit issue

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
balgaa

Weather station outdoor unit issue

Post by balgaa »

I placed outdoor near to window and indoor just 2 meters distance from outdoor almost can't get connect via wireless.

any issue with window glass?

always outdoor unit doesn't work in night time...

always battery status not available...
Wooze

Re: Weather station outdoor unit issue

Post by Wooze »

I placed the outdoor module in a protective cover for exterior temperature sensors (manufacturer: TFA).
So I could place the module protected against rain in a shady place, that has less influence to the temperature of the outdoor module (such as mounting on the wall, above sun-heated balcony, etc.)
The distance between the indoor and outdoor modules is 6 meters, and a double glazed window has to be penetrated by the radio signals.

btw: There are insulating glass windows, that are metal evaporated for better sunlight reflection. Such a type of insulating glass windows may also occure a bad wireless connection, I think.
balgaa

Post by balgaa »

Thank you, i hung on screw, which is on plastic wall of window.

my window glass is regular glass with double wall.

any special battery for outdoor unit?
Torquetube

Post by Torquetube »

Did you have to modify the TFA shield to allow the netatmo outdoor unit to fit inside?
Wooze

Post by Wooze »

balgaa wrote:...any special battery for outdoor unit?
No. I always use alkaline batteries from a well known manufacturer (no cheap alkaline batteries or any simple zinc-carbon-batteries) in all my units. Trying to save up money by this type of batteries will probably cause less power or leak and destroy the units.
Wooze

Post by Wooze »

Torquetube wrote:Did you have to modify the TFA shield to allow the netatmo outdoor unit to fit inside?
No, there is quite enough room inside the TFA shield as you can see here: https://www.amazon.de/review/R1AGHBAF3U ... ore=garden

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”