Cannot install additional indoor module

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
Brian

Re: Cannot install additional indoor module

Post by Brian »

Thanks Don, will give it a try when I get home tonight.

I saw my extra indoor module was on firmware version 43? Do you know if it automatically downloads the new firmware version 44, or do you have to do something to upgrade it? Main module is at newest firmware 124. Maybe they fixed "ALOT" of bugs in the new firmware (I hope).
don63

Post by don63 »

I'm not sure on the firmware version - on mine, I haven't taken any action to upgrade them. Looking at them now the base station and outdoor module are at firmware version 44 and indoor module at 124.

Don
Brian

Post by Brian »

I got my modules connected to the main module by following your advice using the USB cable to the PC. Thanks again Don!
I used a Windows 7 64 Bit, and the software did not start by itself, I had to go to Netatmos homepage and find the software before I got it to work(the driver did install by itself). Maybe it works better in Windows 10.

Weird thing is, I then tried to place my outdoor module the exact same place as before (where it failed twice), and now its working just fine!?!? And the extra indoor module Firmware is also now on version 44, so it must have upgraded itself automatically.
embeejay

Post by embeejay »

Scotty1928 Have the same issue. Batteries stop working but if I wait 30 minutes they will working again. Does the unit need to keep flashing to connect to base station?

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”