New batteries - no green flashing light

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
Delbz

New batteries - no green flashing light

Post by Delbz » 15 Oct 2017, 07:24

Hi. My outdoor module needed a battery change and now refuses to work. I have tried three sets of new batteries and tested them with a multimeter. The outdoor module won’t flash green when the battery lid is screwed on. Yes, the batteries are inserted in the right direction and I have waited 60 seconds before inserting them.

What can I do? I take it that if the module won’t flash green then it it is not getting power and therefore trying to pair the modules again won’t work. Correct?

yo3gts

Re: New batteries - no green flashing light

Post by yo3gts » 16 Oct 2017, 10:32

This was working until change the batteries? The old batteries maybe leak inside?

Delbz

Post by Delbz » 16 Oct 2017, 12:01

Yep. It’s been working for 3 years. Old batteries were fine. No sign of any damage inside the module either. I have tried a few different sets of (energizer) batteries.

I can’t work out how to buy a replacement outdoor module either (for delivery to Australia). Any tips?

Delbz

Post by Delbz » 17 Oct 2017, 07:33

Umm no. Should I? What am I looking for?

yo3gts

Post by yo3gts » 17 Oct 2017, 09:43

how to open and clean pcb...

Delbz

Post by Delbz » 17 Oct 2017, 20:06

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Netatmo support.

If your outdoor module is not responding anymore, please try the following steps:

- Firstly, please check that there is no element blocking the module's vents (such as dirt or spider webs).

- Please take out the batteries and place the unit in a warm dry place for 48h, if possible inside an airtight container with a natural dehumidifier such as rice, to absorb the humidity.

- Then with a q-tip clean the battery compartment of the outdoor unit. Please don't use any liquid as this could damage the module.

- Please clean the metal part in the battery cover.

- Insert brand new batteries.

- Close the battery compartment (No need to tighten the screws) and look at the bottom of the unit, can you see the green led blinking? If not, take out the cover, wait 40 seconds and repeat this step.

- If you see the green light; tighten the screws, and place the module next to the station during the pairing process and leave it there for a whole day.

Please note it is strongly recommended to place the outdoor module in a location sheltered from the rain (and from all other sources of water) as well as from direct sunlight.

Have a lovely day,

Delbz

Post by Delbz » 18 Oct 2017, 04:54

Well none of that worked. You know what did?
A different brand of batteries. I still didn't get a flashing green LED, but a few minutes later it is all working again.

The new batteries (Chevron AAAs) have slightly more protruding terminals than the Energizer brand and I believe this is a contributing factor.

Birchbranch

Post by Birchbranch » 11 Mar 2018, 13:49

Hi,
I am soo annoyed by these products.
Why should a consumer product require the procedures told by Netatmo erlier in this thread?

I got a new outdoor module yesterday, and I have exactly the same problem.
The batteries that came with the station didn't work. I added a new set, and it flashed green once.
I still couldn't connect it to the station.
Today, when I started again, I can't make the green led flash.
I have now tried 4 sets of different batteries..

??????????????????????????????????

If I buy a weather station cheap at AliExpress, I would accept this struggling, but not for product costing 160 EUR..

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”