does Comfort mode open the valve first and then start the boiler?

Tommaso Florino

does Comfort mode open the valve first and then start the boiler?

Post by Tommaso Florino » 14 Jan 2020, 15:38

GEORGzer wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 15:30
If you put valves on all radiators, assign valves and thermostat to the correct rooms and run everything in "comfort mode", every room (valve) can request heat and start the boiler at any time without other rooms getting unnecessary heating.
GEORGzer
only one doubt, are you absolutely sure that , in Comfort mode, the software first open the valve and then start the boiler? it seems that first the boiler is started and with a delay ( even if very short delay) the valve is opened. in this last case the boiler could be damaged if started and there is no radiator opened...
Last edited by GEORGzer on 14 Jan 2020, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic split, moved and renamed

GEORGzer

Re: does Comfort mode open the valve first and then start the boiler?

Post by GEORGzer » 14 Jan 2020, 18:37

I actually can't tell you if there is a delay or not. Since the valve "triggers" the process, there shouldn't be.
But normally boilers (at least from the past decade) have pressure relief valves, so they won't "blow up" or something like this.
Last edited by GEORGzer on 14 Jan 2020, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title matched
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (2nd Generation)
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino » 14 Jan 2020, 21:12

yes they have safety devices, but it is really good for their life. Please verify with developers this point. I'm following an Italian Facebook page of Netatmo users and many declare rumors and malfunction of boilers after valves installation so many are leaving one radiator without valve and this is not optimal for them... but also for netatmo :-)
Last edited by GEORGzer on 14 Jan 2020, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title matched

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 14 Jan 2020, 22:01

I split the topics and moved this one to the correct forum since this is a new question after all.
Maybe someone from Netatmo can shed some light on this (I can also only contact them via DM like everyone else here).

Or you contact them through the support site, may be quicker.
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... y-products
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (2nd Generation)
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

Return to “General questions”